Whilst generally people with a UK passport do not need to undertake an English test they can be useful if you are applying for a skilled independent visa and are short on points.

Previously IELTS was the main test available. From 23rd November 2014, the DIBP will accept English language test scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) and the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) across the Temporary Graduate, Skilled, Former Resident and Work and Holiday visa programmes.

More details can be found at