house sale

sueoc

Hi there,selling our house in time to go is becoming increasingly unlikely,so should we rent it out(with all the difficulties that will entail)?,or place the property in an auction,with sensible reserve.Also,we are thinking of the future,like maybe things dont work out in Adelaide and the old homesick bug finally wins out,in which case we would be returning to a much lower standard of living than we have now in the UK ,having paid off the remainder of our mortgage from the sale.A Dilemma indeed,Any one got any positive encouragement please,as this is our once in a lifetime decision for a better life.

hi ya i sold my house in london last year christmas i needed the money to buy new home here. plus i wanted to pay mortage off..i did read somewhere about renting your home in uk and having the money sent here you will be taxed on it, but i dont think its true. i know it safe to have a home i uk in case it goes tits up and you go home but think of it this way you have choosen to live england to live here

alex

Guest The Hadleys

Hi

we are in the same situation, house has been on the market 8 weeks, lots of viewings but no offers. We had our visa granted March and are desparate to go. Today I have spoken at length with a mortgage advisor for a company I work for and for us, we think we will be renting our house out. We can more than cover our mortgage with the rental fee we will be getting and while the property is being rented out the market will some day recover and the dollar will rise, then we will sell the house. Sounds good on paper doesn't it?, anyway I think thats what we are gloing to do.

Good luck with everything

Dawn

Guest tubbycuster

Hi

Firstly WE GOT OUR VISA on the 13th May. Yeah!

Now the bad bit. We've had our house on the market since beginning of February, so far only four people have looked around. Totally depressing.

Our house is a five hundred year old grade II listed building so it's a niche market and I think that may not be helping. It would also hinder renting it out.

We keep hoping the good weather will bring more people around.

Oh well, we'll keep our fingers crossed for everyone trying to sell their property.

Best wishes

Sallyann & Tim

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Sueoc, This is the same for most of us ?, I keep saying to the mrs not to panic , they will come ? I think that once the first timer's start getting morgages again that will start the ball rolling ? fingers crossed. ATB Paul

Guest macu68

Hi

I have just added a similar comment on another post, hope its not too repetative. I have been watching a show on BBC1 11am (Open House) that helps people to sell their homes. Part of the success theme seems to be in having an open day and asking for bids/offers for you to consider. Looks great but a lot of hard work in compiling and printing a brochure with lists of local amenities, schools, transport, positive factors in the area etc etc but it does seem to work. Also gives advice on how to get the most from the appearance of your home. Might be stuff you already know but with a specific niche property might be just the thing you need.

Good luck, hope you sell soon. Maybe see you over in Adelaide, I will be going Tupperware crazy on arrival (see post re: TUPPERWARE)