Validating the Visa

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Ok I know that when the visa is granted it is valid for a year from the police checks or medicals whichever was first

But what I was wondering about was if we can't sell the house and it gets to being close to having to validate our visa can we get P/C's and meds redone and get an extension on validating the visa or do we have to reapply!!!!!

I hope this makes sense

My understanding from my agent is that once the visa is granted you must validate it (ie enter Australia) before the police checks or medicals are 1 year old - whichever is first. Once the visa is granted you cannot submit new meds or PCs and if the visa expires (PCs and Meds 'run out') you have to reapply. We are potentially in a similar scenario and have considered visiting Australia once/if our visa is granted to validate it and then come back to finalise our affairs in the UK - expensive!

It is possible to have the 1 year extended, but it is up to your case officer as to whether they will extend it and for how long if they do - usually for exceptional circumstances. This can only be done before the visa is granted.

Good luck with the house sale.

Guest macu68

Great post Caoimhe, we thought it was a year from issue of visa, thanks for the clarification Bic. We are relieved really that we have that option to validate the visa within the year from PC/meds as we may not sell our house as quick as we want to. Can't really afford to do the reccie, will have to start saving hard (?with what?) or stick it on our plastic friend if we have to go over to validate the visa.

Good luck with your house sale. I have been watching open house (BBC 1 11am) that helps sellers to sell their home. The open day looks like a good idea but a lot of work.

Guest deborah

Does the whole family have to go and validate visa or just the main applicant?

** am having meds next week and we have just sent off for police checks. Is it a year on form the medical itself or the results of the medical.

I will be there sooner than I thought Ykes!!

Guest CDJ_Edwards

We are flying out to adelaide for a 3 week recky in 8 weeks and still our visa has not been granted. we were hoping to activate our visa then. But if that doesn't happen and we fail to sell our house with tho visa running out, then i as the main applicant will fly to oz for a weeks holiday. A tough job but i'll do it for the family.

Guest Django

As far as I understand it everyone on the visa has to go to activate the visa in their own passports. The year, as far as meds are concerned, is from the date they were finalised. We have until the 6th of Dec to get there yet we did the medicals 13th November.

Pete

Guest deborah
As far as I understand it everyone on the visa has to go to activate the visa in their own passports. The year, as far as meds are concerned, is from the date they were finalised. We have until the 6th of Dec to get there yet we did the medicals 13th November.

Pete

Thanks Pete

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya so far as i have been researching and as i understand it, the rule are.

Everyone whos ont the visa or need there visa stamped has to enter australia withing 12 months of the visa being granted.

If you drive !!!!! you only have 3 MONTHS once your visa has been stamped to register for an australian drivers licence or you will have to re-take your test and to registar for your licence you need an australian address.

Hope this helps

Matt

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hiya so far as i have been researching and as i understand it, the rule are.

Everyone whos ont the visa or need there visa stamped has to enter australia withing 12 months of the visa being granted.

If you drive !!!!! you only have 3 MONTHS once your visa has been stamped to register for an australian drivers licence or you will have to re-take your test and to registar for your licence you need an australian address.

Hope this helps

Matt

Hi,

You have 12 months to validate your visa from the time of medicals or police checks(earliest date applies) all visa holders must travel to Oz to validate,

If on a Permanent Visa you have 3 months to obtain your licence from when you become a resident http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/licences_certification/drivers/interstate_overseas.asp

so if you are only validating no need to worry about your licence at this stage,

Hope this helps,

Guzzler

Guest deborah

We applied on line i3 weeks ago and they have requested that police checks be done within 28 days. We have just got them back (took a week) and dated 20th May. Does that mean we have to validate visa before 20th May 09? I am concerned because if visa isn't granted for ages why are they requesting police checks so soon?

Had x ray today and meds next week!!

Guest Django

Deborah,

The 12 months starts from the date your medicals are finalised. We did our meds 13th November and have until 6th December to validate.

Pete