Sister wants to join us

Guest mysnix

Hi guys,

Haven't been here for a long, long time. We are heading towards our 10 year anniversary in Adelaide - we have been citizens for over 7 years.

I think I already know the answer to this one ... but wanted to ask the wider brain.

My sister (38) wants to come out and join us. Her qualifications (Nanny) aren't on the skilled list.

As far as I read it I think her only option would either be:

To find an employer (maybe an agency) to sponsor her ... highly unlikely

Or to enrol in study over here in a listed profession ... not sure she would love that.

Some of the migration agencies websites infer that you are at an advantage if you can be sponsored by an Australian family member ... but I can't see how that helps in this case.

A further possibility is that my Mum comes out on a contributory visa (which she is likely to at some point .... so annoyed she didn't do it 10 years ago when we suggested it!) and then my sister will be the last remaining relative.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Nikki

Her job isn't on the sol or csol (unless she has a teaching degree) so employer sponsorship isn't an option I'm afraid.

Her only option would be retraining really.

Last remaining relative would only work after your mum had had PR for two years, and if she isn't married with a husband who has family.

Hi Nikki

My son is waiting for his 'other family - last remaining relative' visa which we submitted over 2 years ago and we were advised at the time of submission that there was a 14 year waiting list for processing. DIAC deleted this type of visa last year and are no longer accepting new applicants, just processing the applicants already in the queue and prioritizing carers visas. Probably the best option would be to either re-train in the UK or study here.

Tracey