• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      Mature student visa

      Hi all

      My friends are considering entry to Adelaide on a mature student visa to obtain working skill as electrician or plumber. Has anyone gone down this road? Perhaps you can help with advice on couple of issues.

      1. What sort of money involved paying for 2 primary school children attending state school?

      2. The process and feasibility of obtaining residency during the course period which covers 2 years.

      Your advice most welcome.


    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      Hi there
      I think you have to have finished the course before you can apply for residency, but I may be wrong.
      Have a look at www.studyadelaide.com for info on international students. It has info on schools and costs when you scroll down from the institutions tab.

      Yearly course fees: A$7,500 (Primary)-A$9,500 (Secondary)
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.


    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums