NINTENDO Wii buy in Uk OR wait until we arrive in OZ?

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Guys

Kids hounding me for a nintendo Wii!

Told them tough they will have to wait until we get to Adelaide!

Are they easy to get hold of in Adelaide and are they the same price as here in the UK(or cheaper/more expensive).

Should i get one before we go or wait?

Any advice welcome!!

Gill

Guest jamesholmes_@hotmail.com

Personally we think you should wait until you get here.

We bought ours in the UK and wish we had waited. There is not much in the price of the Consoles but the games are more expensive here. But if you buy a UK console i dont think they are region free and therefore you cannot play any games that you buy over here anyway so it is hard to get games for them when bought in the UK.

We could be wrong about the region free thing though.

James and Emma

Guest Weez

Hi we r thinking of doin the same !! just seen one advertised in currys for £199 including 3 games!! is this good ?? we would have to bring it over in our luggage boys wouldnt be able to wait for it to be shipped!!

For any kind of purchase like that it's always best to look at the warranty; will a UK-bought Wii be covered if it goes wrong when you get to Adelaide? Your kids will love you for bringing it with you but you'll kick yourself if it dies a sudden death and you need to fork out again.

Plus, as James and Emma hinted, the Wii is region locked so games will be harder to come by.

Justin.

Guest stufi1997

our one survived....brought it over in our suitcase from Spain to Scotland (santa came to Spain last year) then over to Adelaide a wee while ago, none the worse for wear....haven't been actively price hunting but think they're dearer here....don't know about the region thing we haven't bought any ozzie games yet (only spanish and uk ones)they are WAY expensive here, but hey anything that can be used as a bargaining chip should be considered carefully, Fiona

Guest cunnah10
our one survived....brought it over in our suitcase from Spain to Scotland (santa came to Spain last year) then over to Adelaide a wee while ago, none the worse for wear....haven't been actively price hunting but think they're dearer here....don't know about the region thing we haven't bought any ozzie games yet (only spanish and uk ones)they are WAY expensive here, but hey anything that can be used as a bargaining chip should be considered carefully, Fiona

Hi Guys

What made you choose Victor Harbour?

We stayed there last year and "LOVED" IT!

Are you hoping to settle there or is this just a temporary stay?

We really liked the idea of settling there ourselves(still do)but not sure about the job situ for Hubby!

Any advice or info more than appreciated!

Hope you are enjoying your time there!

Keep in touch let us know how things progress for you!

Gill

x

Guest stufi1997
Hi Guys

What made you choose Victor Harbour?

We stayed there last year and "LOVED" IT!

Are you hoping to settle there or is this just a temporary stay?

We really liked the idea of settling there ourselves(still do)but not sure about the job situ for Hubby!

Any advice or info more than appreciated!

Hope you are enjoying your time there!

Keep in touch let us know how things progress for you!

Gill

x

Hi Gill,

We chose Victor for a few reasons...It makes us smile everytime we come down the hill into the town on the Adelaide road it's just so beautiful, the rents cheaper, there are a choice of good schools, it's close enough to the city to go there, but hopefully far enough away to be outside of it if that makes any sense, We're from a very small town in Scotland and although we loved Adelaide it's a huge culture shock with constant traffic lights and huge trucks zooming about. The main reason though is we all just loved the "feel" of the place when we came to visit

We do worry about work but so far Stuart has been working, subbying for a local painter. I am not working yet we wanted to make sure Aaron is settled in school and things before I get stuck in there too,(suits me fine).:cute:

We hope this is more than a temporary stop but you never know, our rental is for 6 months initially so we're here for now anyway. Everyone we've met has been soooo helpful and they all want to keep us talking....something about the accent! so it takes forever to get anything done but hey ho we're not in any hurry....I do wonder if that's part of the reason the visa takes so long.....to teach you patience;),

Good luck with your journey and yes definately let us know how you get on, Fiona

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill,

We chose Victor for a few reasons...It makes us smile everytime we come down the hill into the town on the Adelaide road it's just so beautiful, the rents cheaper, there are a choice of good schools, it's close enough to the city to go there, but hopefully far enough away to be outside of it if that makes any sense, We're from a very small town in Scotland and although we loved Adelaide it's a huge culture shock with constant traffic lights and huge trucks zooming about. The main reason though is we all just loved the "feel" of the place when we came to visit

We do worry about work but so far Stuart has been working, subbying for a local painter. I am not working yet we wanted to make sure Aaron is settled in school and things before I get stuck in there too,(suits me fine).:cute:

We hope this is more than a temporary stop but you never know, our rental is for 6 months initially so we're here for now anyway. Everyone we've met has been soooo helpful and they all want to keep us talking....something about the accent! so it takes forever to get anything done but hey ho we're not in any hurry....I do wonder if that's part of the reason the visa takes so long.....to teach you patience;),

Good luck with your journey and yes definately let us know how you get on, Fiona

Thanks for message!I know exactly what you mean about how lovely "victor harbour" is!

We just fell in love with it ourselves and hubby said he could definately see us living there if the job situ allowed!We often escape to Scotland for peaceful breaks in a cottage so we know where you are coming from!

My Hubby is a Telecom Engineer and we now know there is a huge problem getting employment in this field in Oz although he scored the full 60 points for his skill!How niave were we to think they actually wanted Telecom Engineers!

He is 44 and hard working and willing to do anything to bring in wages!

But wether Victor Harbour has any work for him is the big question!

I would like to think so but heard otherwise unfortunately!

We have 4 kids aged 3,7,9 and nearly 11 so i will be a stay at home mum (as i am here)and my priority will be getting them settled and happy in a good school (and kindy)and making new friends and joining in on as many activities as possible!

We are a close family unit and don't ask for too much out of life!Just happy being happy if you know what i mean!

What sort of price would we be looking at to rent a decent sized house down that neck of the woods?ideally a 4 bed but could manage short term with a 3 bed!

Hope things continue to be good for you

Take care

Gill

x

Guest The Angus Clan
Hi Gill,

HI just wondering where you are from in Scotland - we are in Falkirk and although it's no village , Adelaide will be a big cultutre shock for our kids especially. have seen Victor H on the TV - looks lovely.

Guest stufi1997

Don't know if it was us or Gill you were asking, but we come from a small village town 30 miles north of Aberdeen called Turriff, and yes we love Victor Harbor is an ace place to be especially in the sunshine.....yipee

Cheers Fiona