Police checks

Guest Andrew&Ren

Guest Andrew&Ren

Hi all finally we have had word on certification Aus end which means we are now putting in for our meds and police checks!!:jiggy:

I work with children running drama workshops therefore have a CRB police check already, i am just wondering if that counts or is it seperate??

We have read a lot on here regards when to get meds done, where, what happens etc. We are in South manc and if anyone has any advice with where is best/cheapest/quickest to have them done in Manchester do let us know!!! Thx!

xxx

Guest Django

The PC form actually states 'for migration' on it so I would guess you need another one. I would do it anyway as if it comes back as not good enough you will have put your visa back at least a month, probably more.

Pete

Guest alibongo

my agent said i would have to do another police check even though I had police checks for being scout secretary. Anyway at least it doesnt cost loads so i think i would just apply then thats another thing ticked off your to do list

Ali

Guest lastboyscout
Hi all finally we have had word on certification Aus end which means we are now putting in for our meds and police checks!!:jiggy:

I work with children running drama workshops therefore have a CRB police check already, i am just wondering if that counts or is it seperate??

We have read a lot on here regards when to get meds done, where, what happens etc. We are in South manc and if anyone has any advice with where is best/cheapest/quickest to have them done in Manchester do let us know!!! Thx!

xxx

Nice one:jiggy:

It will fly by now:shocked:

Guest sprayer

xxx

Hi Andrew & Ren

We live in Oldham and have just had our medicals done in Huddersfield. They were the cheapest in our area. They charge £60 for xray each and £85 +vat each for medical and £15 each for a blood test.

The doctors and staff were really friendly and I would recomend them.

Hope this helps.

Guest natdan

Hi andrew n sharen you will still need police checks [dont cost much] crb checks are not enough , i know as we work with children in schools, As for your medicals we also live in manchester and had ours done in town , very quick and straightforward ,x~rays ,blood tests etc. costs were about £180 each. also medicals have to be done at approoved doctors if you want the number drop me a reply. wayne n louise

Guest chillyanna

first up i would like to say hi to sprayer, i am in oldham also and was surprised to see another oldhamer on here although not the first oldhamer i know of to leave oldham for adealide or OZ.

secondly i would like to ask about getting the police check.

can i go to the local cop shop and apply for acopy of my record or do i have to use the form on the ACPO website specific for migrating and send it off?

im stumped on this one so any info is welcome. cheers

paul

Guest Django

Hi Paul,

Download the form, fill it in and send it off. You will receive your reply back in the post. The time scale will depend on how much dosh you are willing to pay for it. When you receive it up load it to application (if online) or send a certified copy off in the post to catch up with your application (if paper based).

Pete