Letting Our Property In England
Hi folks,as our house is not going to sell in the near future and me,my husband and our teenage boys are going in mid-late summer,we are now going to let our house through a reputable letting agency,and rent in Adelaide,we think this will now be the better option for at least the next year or so,hedging our bets whilst we see how the land lies.As house prices are plummeting fast,perhaps this is sensible.Is there anyone on this site who have done this,or are thinking the same as us,also has anyone got any pertinent points we should consider,or any advice,we would greatly appreciate any helpful tips,thanks ,all the best,Sue,Billy and Boys.
hi - we are also looking at renting our house in the UK when we (hopefully) move to Oz next year, mainly for the reason that if it doesnt all work out we can come back to where we were, rather than struggling to get back on the housing ladder!
Funnily enough I was looking into this today as we have to validate our visas by 6th December and seeing that we have had no viewing yet don't think we will sell the house. The only thing with this though is that we have to remortgage so we can get some cash behind us to actually go!! Have still got to look at letting agencies so any recommendations would be good.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Hi - we are thinking of doing exactly this too! We got our visas in March...put the house up for sale...had 5 viewings and one offer £70k below asking price!
I blame the media totally...the market now seems dead...people seem to scared to buy and are even pulling out of offers already made!!
We want to go in Sept so have decided to take control and let our house out. We have enough equity to borrow some extra to finance the move to OZ. At the same time we are going to convert to an interest only mortgage so that the rentals balance the mortgage payments and management fees etc.
With the exchange rate as bad as it is, it probably makes sense to leave our cash over here anyway and if we really want to come back at any point...we have that option too.
Hopefully we will love Adelaide and be able to sell our house in the UK in the next couple of years...without giving it away now!
Good luck with your decision!
This looks like the way we will be going as well. Not what we really want to do be it looks like the only solution.
Completely agree with you it's the flaming Media that has blown this out of all proportion.
We have a couple that really want our house and they now have someone that wants theirs, thats good I hear you say, but the 3rd person is only going on the market this weekend so even if they sell it wont be for a while yet.
DO WE HANG ON AND WAIT????
Damn Country, Damn housing market, damn government, damn Media.
Sorry I will calm down now and have a little more Grolsch