immigration at airport

This may well have been asked before so I am sorry for asking it again.

When you first arrive on your new visa (in our case a 190), do you get stopped at immigration to fill out paperwork or do you just go through boarder control as normal?

Just booking the flights for September and since we land in Perth before the onward flight we were wondering since we only have a 1 hour 50 minute stop over.

All advice gratefully received.

Many thanks

Hi, I forgot about all that and just strolled through the automated barrier on my first arrival. It let me through so no there is nothing to do here. All that meant I do not have a stamp in my passport for my first arrival but apparently it isn't needed now. I took a sneaky picture of my smart gate ticket just in case :)

Will