GoMatilda

Jamiekerr

sitting by my phone waiting for Gomatilda to ring scanning through poms'in'Adelaide.

waiting to get some info on the best options and best visa that would suit my family and I to make the big Dream a reality,

Did any body else use agents or is it easy enough to to the visa process by yourself with a little bit of hard work?

As to if going DIY or hiring an agent is better, depends on a number of things.

What visa type are you looking at? Do you have anything that could cause issue to gaining a visa (ie a substantial criminal conviction of some kind?). Any medical concerns that could mean you or a family member fail the medical requirement? Are you confident with applications and form filling and don't mind doing the leg work for it? Many people do do it themselves.

If you are looking to take on an agent Go Matilda tend to get very good feedback.

Like Snifter says it depends on circumstances, but we did it alone. Pulling together my work experience wasn't easy as I had to gather 3 years of working as a supply teacher together to prove I had at least 1 years full time experience (and I mean pull together from 1/2 day here, one day there, etc). We also had medical issues to deal with but to be honest when we spoke to an agent they didn't have a clue anyway about the medical condition, then we had to move a visa onto a new passport, but all in all, it was still a straightforward process and I just had to take it one step at a time. Each step was quite self explanatory for us and just took time and patience and yes, we got there successfully in the end!!! So good luck with whatever way you wish to do it. Pros and cons for each I suppose, but if you are after any help and advice this site is a godsend and always feel free to email for any advice too.

Cheers guys. I had 8.30pm uk time appointment but no call. Been excited about it all day. Sure theyll try tommorrow.

No medical conditions, time served carpenter of 14 years.

Wife and two young boys 7 and 3

And my bro lives in melbourne.

Think it will be a skilled visa or want to try for permanent straight off if poss. I heard there can be more restrictions on certain visas.

Im at the very begining.

Not in a major rush so dont mind taking longer but getting the best visa option. Perhaps ill take the free 30min visa consultation and try and proceed myself.

Is there much oppurtunity for carpenters in Adelaide.

Roofing. Kitchens refurbs new build decking etc

Thanks again for Replies jamie

Hope they call tommorrow and get the ball rolling

Go Matilda in the UK are based in Southampton, we used them for our Visa and we were really happy with the service. We probably could of done it ourselves as we had a straightforward case but with us both working full time and having a little one we felt as ease leaving it up to the experts. Would of been devestated if we had made a mistake that had implications on our visa but it is each to their own!

Guest wen66

I wish we had used someone like Go Matilda. The agency we used were absolute pants. They sold us a package using an awesome salesman, then handed us over to the worst employee, ever! Honestly she was a 'mare.......the stress they caused was unreal. We did most of the work, all they did was upload and sent it to immigration. But you live and learn. Do your research and go with one who is highly recommended, by folk who have been successful in their visas etc. x