We've been OK'D!!!!!

Guest Jane & Tony

Guest Jane & Tony

:arghh:Hi All

We have finally got our visa. Got to enter the country by 17th December!!! The application went in in November last year and our agent phoned me on Monday and said we'd got it.

(moan time now)

Can't sell our house. It's been on the market since November. We've had lots of veiwings and the feed back has been really good but they all have to sell too.

Also the exchange rate is awful!!

Looks like we'll have to go for a holiday to get the visa stamped then come back untill we sell, which is an expence we could do without.

Can anyone tell me what the carpenrty/joiner jobs are like in Adelaide. My old man is convinced that he won't get a job even though he was offered three when we went over last year!

Thanks for any replies in advance

Jane

Guest Django

Hi Jane

Firstly Congratulations on the visa. Feels really fabby doesn't it. ;)

Secondly, the house. I'm affraid thats the market at the mo. Stinks doesn't it. We are selling it off for about 80% of its value to some crook but otherwise we will be in the same boat and have to visit just to validate. Really can't be doing with the journey there and back and there again with 4 little ones so needs must. Ay least we will be there. Okay we won't have any money but Tracey should have a job by the time we fly so its not all doom and gloom.

Lastly, work for tradesmen doesn't seem to bad at the mo. Graham reports loads of work going on and jobs need to be filled.

Good luck and well done again.

Pete

CONGRATULATIONS on getting your visa, you must be really excited.

Sorry to hear about the house though, you never know that buyer may just be round the corner and was waiting on you getting your visa, I'm sure it will happen soon enough for you.

Best of luck x

Guest mOZzy

congrats on your visa!!!! nice feeling, eh!? :jiggy:

have you dropped the price yet?? we agreed on a minimum minimum that we need and went with that ... got even some spare left now ;)

i've got everything crossed for you!!

oh, and no - we are not there yet.

we are still in house sale limbo :goofy: - but hopefully latest this august!!

Guest natdan

Hi jane n tony and GONGRATULATIONS, we are in the same boat visas granted in jan 08 and need to be validatedby 18 december, not looking good though as not much going on with the house sale. Even though my good wife is the manager of the estate agents.[Needs to crack the whip] we are going to drop the price soon by 10% to see if thers any interest . Good luck with your sale and cogratulations again. we"ll all get there in the end. wayne n louise.

Guest Martin and Val

Congratulations, hope to be posted a similar thread soon!

Keep your chin up with the house sale bit, we think if the Media stopped talking things may improve!! We have a viewing tomorrow PM, fingers crossed this time!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jane & Tony

Thanks all, for your replies and support.

We have dropped the price by 5 grand and 10 grand respectivly.

Unfortunately we have a small rental house to sell too. That means two headaches!

Don't get me wrong we're not rich (only just bought 2nd house 18 months ago)

I've worked out we'll probably have about 20 grand to start again, which is not much considering we have put 15 years into the mortgage game.

I'ts hard to know what to do. Do we sell at a really low price and take less money or wait it out? I personally don't think there will be any movement for at least a year, but that's just a hunch.

Cheers all

Jane xx

Congradulations. I cant beleive the speed of your application. Ours took 18 months. In the same boat as you and many others, with a house to sell.

At least with 20k you have a good buffer for starting up and your houses hopefully will go up in value in the next couple of years while to suss out Adelaide.

Oz here you come.

Guest Ellie

What fantastic news. Wish you all the luck in the world. We are still in the early stages and nowhere near putting our house on the market yet. Good luck with the sale, I've got everything crossed for you.

Guest mollybailey

hi jane and tony we have just got ours aswell we have to be gone by feb09 same boat as you re;house we are going to rent ours if we cant sell. The job situation is quite good in ad ny oh is a plasterer and has been offered lots of work its the skills they need, good luck with the house.

Guest mollybailey

hi there noticed that you are in adelaide already and have a six year old our two are six and we are going in jan, want to pick your brains really, which area are you living in and have you checked out the schools this is my major concern! im in the panic stage as we havent got that long to go everything goes round in your mind! look forwaed to hearing from you.

molly