References and 475 Visa

Guest Lisado

Guest Lisado

Hi there Did anyone have any problems asking current employers in UK for references when applying for the 475 visa? I have been told it will aid my state sponsorship if I ask for references to show I am meeting the criteria, however, as I work for a law firm as a legal librarian, I am not sure how this will go down. Any pointers on how to approach them? Many thanks, Lisa

Guest Lulujim

hi - we're going on the 475 visa too. my OH didn't want to ask his present employer for a reference incase we don't get it - so he asked his old employer, where he worked for three years, for one. They provided this with job description etc.. and it was enough to get sponsorship. are you able to do this? our agent also told us that if we couldn't get one from old employer either, there were ways round it - and it wouldn't hinder the application?? Good luck.

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi

I know the feeling as I didn't want to let my bosses know that I was apying to emigrate.

I approached one of my managers who I used to work with and she wrote me a reference without my current bosses finding out. If possible rather than go through the official channel - if you have someone you can trust to be discrete it may be a way round it.

Good luck.

Vicks.

Guest Lisado

Thanks for coming back. I spoke to the agent and suggested I go to a previous employer but she said as it was four years ago then the refs wouldn't count. I guess I will have to just bite the bullet when the time comes