Visa 190 - Should move to Adelaide or not

New2Ad

Hi all,

I need an advice and hope will get answer from this wonderful forum...

I have got 190 visa last month. I've applied it for Adelaide but after reading all feedbacks and employment situation in Adelaide, I am confused about moving there. I read in the forum that it's not an legal requirement to come, settle or at least live first two years in the sponsored state and we can move anywhere in Australia as we have PR. Is it true? Can I come to Melbourne and settle there? Will there be any difficulties or complications at the time of applying citizenship? Please reply as I have to arrange my tickets and residence :-). Thanks in advance!

If I could get a dollar every time someone asked this same question....

Did you try to search the forum for similar questions? This has been asked a lot and you will no doubt find some answers already on here. Here is one such thread where someone posted a pretty good answer. http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/migration-issues/38876-190-visa-conditions-2.html

A good looking chap too whoever he is... :err:

I personally have not had any trouble since I arrived and scored a pretty good job within 2 months of arrival, but everyones' experience is different and others may find it extremely difficult to find work.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi all,

I need an advice and hope will get answer from this wonderful forum...

I have got 190 visa last month. I've applied it for Adelaide but after reading all feedbacks and employment situation in Adelaide, I am confused about moving there. I read in the forum that it's not an legal requirement to come, settle or at least live first two years in the sponsored state and we can move anywhere in Australia as we have PR. Is it true? Can I come to Melbourne and settle there? Will there be any difficulties or complications at the time of applying citizenship? Please reply as I have to arrange my tickets and residence :-). Thanks in advance!

Have you visited on a reccie?

I wondered the same thing when moving here. I read the reports that over half of all new migrants wouldn't settle and would return home again.

I have seen this first hand in the business side of what I do. Some guests seem to be overwhelmed and swamped when things don't fall into place straight away and others make a real success of things. The type of employment does play a large part in the big picture. I know people who have moved interstate too and the visa issue didn't seem to be a problem.

Friends of ours moved out here 3 years ago. They lasted 2 years and returned but we were out with their close relatives last night...and they are here to stay. One is a tradie and the other has her own small business. Making contacts and having a support network played a massive part in settling.

I see people arrive here on a reccie and walk into jobs...and I see people struggle and get depressed. I also deal with guests who ping pong backwards and forwards...it's a real rollercoaster is this migration!

What I do see from my business side is that many families have settled, and are thriving, as I have so many bookings from visiting family members who were migrants and are now making a real life for themselves.

All the best with your decision...