Parents Tourist Visa

My parents visit every year and have done so since I moved here 8 years ago.

They stay for around 3 months and then leave for the UK / Europe. They have a camper van here and go exploring which is great with us (especially OH!).

Anyway, they have sometimes decided to stay for longer that 3 months and have had to go to New Zealand or Bali to allow then to come back for another 3 months.

They have now contacted me to find out if there is any visa that they can apply for that would allow them to stay for longer than 3 months without having to leave and then return?

I have been trying to get them to apply for a parents visa since the beginning but the cost and other factors (stubbornness!) has always gotten in the way:smile:

I have so many parents and family members staying with me at the end of the year that this could be an interesting topic for other people too...

I'm pretty sure there is a six month visitor visa and even visas that allow parents to stay longer but I've never paid much attention as my parents are unlikely to ever visit (it was a struggle for them when we were 5 minutes down the road). I agree with Keith & Linda - have a look on Poms in Oz as that will be where I've read about other visas before.

Hi All,

Can any one help me this out.

My parents visit to Australia February This year 2015 and they have been granted for 1 year single entry Visit VISA

unfortunately they went back to their country, recently (June 2015) because my MOM was not feeling well to stay further.

Can my Father apply Visit VISA again and come next month ?

Or Does he needs to stay until the first Visit VISA get cancelled. ? or any are there any suitable arrangement ?

Appreciate positive reply.

Cheers,

Keving