Anyone gone through the process alonewithout an agent?

Guest Trakki

Guest Trakki

Just wondering if anyone has done it all alone without an agent. We (me and Pete(Django)) are planning to do it without an agent but was wondering if this was a silly idea or was totally doable.

Thanks

Tracey

Guest jen&ian

Hi,

We have done it without an agent and it was fine. We are going on a 136 visa and it was just a matter of sending of skills assessment and filling in forms, it's boring but doable, the worst bit is just organising all the paperwork.

Hope this helps

Jen :D

Hi,

I did it without an agent, quite abit to sort out but was pretty straightforward. Was on a SIR495 visa. Had to get skills assessment, and apply to SA gov for sponsorship, then health and police check.. then had the main application to do. Depends on your circumstances, agents can save some time and know the ins and outs but they're pricey!

Cath :)

Guest The Bowmans

Hi

We are doing it without an agent. We are applying on a 495, provided you read and re-read everything you need/submit, you should be fine. We found the most involved and hardest thing to do was John's TRA assessment. Once you've done that, everything else is more straightforward. We have submitted everything except police checks now and am expecting them back this week.. With a bit of luck, ASPC should have everything they need from us by next week.

If you need any help or would like some advice on anything, just drop me a line.

Good Luck

Deena

Guest lastboyscout

Howdo,

We too are going it alone, bit daunting, but should be ok :wink:

Am hoping to get a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa as I have a job lined up already 8)

New employer has applied at his end , then I have to wait till they say yes and then apply for my visa and do the meds,police checks etc. but want the whole process to be speeded up :P

Many do go alone but I think it depends on each individual case. For us an agency was really beneficial & the thought of whats required & when is & was very daunting :? Almost there now.

The good thing is we can help others a little more as we have gone through the majority of the process 8)

Good luck

Angela

Guest Trakki

Thanks evryone. We are going to go it alone. It is a bit of a different way round for us as I am a childrens nurse and have to register in Oz as a nurse first then do a skills assessment with the australian nursing and midwifery council and then we can finally apply for the visa. I am currently waiting for paper work from the british nursing and midwifery council but they seem to drag their heels abit, :roll: so it is really frustrating as we just want to get started and registration alone could take 3 months. :?

Guest swampo
Howdo,

We too are going it alone, bit daunting, but should be ok :wink:

Am hoping to get a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa as I have a job lined up already 8)

New employer has applied at his end , then I have to wait till they say yes and then apply for my visa and do the meds,police checks etc. but want the whole process to be speeded up :P

We are in the same position, going on an RSMS visa. My OH has been offered a job and he has accepted the offer.

We have just been advised by the employer to start our visa process, get police checks done (these have been applied for) and medicals then send it all to the Adelaide office so that they can marry our application with the employers.

I found a useful document (document no. 5) on Employer Sponsored Migration http://www.immi.gov.au this gave reasonably clear information about RSMS scheme. This document also sayd that the person dealing with you case will advise you when to get meds done.

We are just wondering whether to go it alone or employ an agent, has anyone else experiece of the RSMS route? Did you got it alone or use an agent?

Any information would be much appreciated.