Visa Granted

sueoc

Well Today The Wait Is Over Visa Granted, Now The Panic We Have To Present Passports For Verification At Immigration Office , No Idea Where That Is , Anyone Able To Help? We Live In Liverpool

Also Teenagers Do Not Want To Go 17 And 16 They Say They Have Never Wanted To Go And That It Is Just Our Stupid Idea H E L P We Should Be Celebrating But We Are Very Stressed. Still No House Sale And Currently Looking At Letting But That Leaves Us Will Not Much Cash To Start Up Over In Oz

Kids Driving Me Mad Hope They Appreciate It One Day#############

Sorry For Moaning When Many Of You Would Love To Have That Visa

Good Luck To All Still Waiting Sue And Billy (and Boys)

Guest mOZzy

great news on your visa!!

right you are to celebrate that one!!!

i guess kids that age are the most difficult to 'persuade' - but i've heard they could do their driving licence really early ;) - i am sure you'll find something that might interest them!!!

now get that house sold and off you'll go!!

good luck

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Congratulations on your visa!

I'm 16 and i stopped my family going many years back now, but i regret it because its a lot harder now all with my parents ages, family and friends.

I cant wait to get out there though lol.

Plus i was told by somebody who came back to England after 30 odd years out in Brisbane i think, that i have the whole of my life ahead of me so i always have the option of coming back, plus with all the email, msn and apparently its quite cheap to call to england, they can still keep in touch with everybody.

Hopefully you'll get your house sorted out soon!! thats the bit we're dreading :(

Good luck!

Thanks For Quick Reply I Am Going To Start Really Working On The Kids Now, My Oldest Son Is Over In Adelaide Working As A Mine Geologist And There Is Nothing For Him To Come Home For So We Hope To All Be Together In Oz In The Near Future I Will Be Fifty In February And Want To Celebrate On A Lovely Beach In South Australia

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi,

Great news about the visa, not so much the boys though. I know how you feel in a way, my daughter is 16 and she is not coming with us when we come out next year (fingers crossed)! She is stopping here to finish her NVQ Childcare which takes 2 years and is then coming over to see if she likes it.

Although it is hard I have agreed to this in the hope that she will like it when she gets there!! I've tried to explain to her that she should at least take the opportunity whilst she has it, it may never present itself again.

Good luck

Sharron, Andrew (Bricklayer), Rebecca (16), Matty (12), Kenan (9)

Guest Hansonhouse

Really pleased for you receiving your visa :notworthy:it's been sooooo long since someone on here got their visa and with the dates on the immigration site not having moved forward for a couple of weeks, beginning to get really fed up of waiting :sad:

Really wish you luck with pursuading your teenagers to 'try it out' and good luck with your house sale, it's so unfair that the market has slowed so much when we have all waited so long for the visa process:mad: Keep positive and weigh up all of your options ie. renting your house out etc. People on here have gone over with very little in the way of 'start up funds' but have still managed to get settled. Is the job front positive for you?:wubclub:

Guest Django

First and foremost congratulations on the visa. :D

As for the move out there we are moving as soon as possible and will have very little in the way of money. Maybe enough for a few months rent and food and that is about it. If we can do it with 4 young children I'm sure you guys can. Be positive and you will always have the funds to kick start your new life in the near future when the UK house market improves. :jiggy:

As for your children I would try to strike a compromise. Tell them to fly out with you to validate the visas in their passport. They then will have 5 years to decide whether to join you full time or not. They may get there and not want to come back. If you give them no choice and tell them that they are going they will say they hate the place even if deep down they quite like it. If they don't at least fly out wih you to validate they may well live to regret it.

Good luck and well done again

Pete

hey Sue,

when we came here we had 2 littlekids and a couple of suitcases and $10000. My mum lived here, so we did have family, but we had to start from scratch....again. Don't worry, it will all come together for you, at 16 and 17 your kids will soon be at the start of their own adult lives and now you have to think of theirs. Tell them they are coming with you even if its just to settle you in for a couple of months as in a holiday for them. They may love it here and then if they don't well at least they have their visas and you are here.

Take what life throws at you and make it yours.

Rachel

Hey congratulations, it's definately well worth the wait.

The kids will get used to the idea and enjoy the lifestyle here. Even just say to them, well you can give it 2/3 years and if you still don't like it then you can go back home. By then they will be settled and loving it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hansonhouse, you mentioned in your post

"with the dates on the immigration site not having moved forward for a couple of weeks". Which website is it? can you please send me the link.

Also I have noticed quite a few people had done their medicals/police report before they had a case officer, does this speed up the process?

Thanks in advance.

hi sue, well done on ur visa its what so much what we are waiting for:arghh:

good luck with your teens, luckely mine are little uns even though the eldest dont wanna go:shocked:

if am over there when you turn 50 a will celebrate with you gurl no probs

good luck gurl

suexxx

Guest thebigfam

Hi Sue, Jenny here, remember me? Congratulations on your visas. If you remember, we have exactly the same situation, kids don't wanna go and the house isn't selling. :arghh: We've got our visas in April but still, here we are... waiting for someone who would hopefully buy our house coz like you, we also need money to start in Oz.:(

To have your visa/s evidenced in London you should post your passport/s, with a copy of your grant letter/email and a covering letter to the London office at the address below. Please use Special Delivery, enclose another self-addressed Special Delivery envelope, and allow 3-5 working days door to door.

Australian High Commission

Migration Branch

Visa Evidencing Section

Strand London

WC2B 4LA

I hope we could make to Adelaide (fingers crossed) and see you at Flinders Private, where both of us will be working. I will be based in Theatres.

Jenny

Guest Sharon and Paul

WELL DONE, CONGRAAAAAAAATS. Hope your kids change there minds , iam sure there miss all of there friends but they will make new ones quick! ATB PAUL

Guest Hansonhouse

Apologies for delay in responding, this is the email address - if you just send a blank email with no title to this address on a Tuesday evening, you get a reply, usually takes about 20 mins or so and on it there are details of the current processing times. You have to scan down to find the right section for your visa. We are 175, paper applicants and applied after 1st Sept so it's been stuck on Sept 19th for about 4 weeks, it did go to Oct 19th and I got really excited but it went back to Sept 19th the week after so I guess somebody made a mistake (a cruel one tho). Don't know if it will help, I've got a bit obsessed with it but that's because I'm just so impatient really!

aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

Roz

Guest Hansonhouse

Ooops forgot to answer your second question - we had our meds and police checks done in Feb/March and front loaded them. This may speed things up by about 4 weeks. I'm told that if the case officer has these then your application can be passed onto the Decision Maker without having to contact you and so the first we should hear (in theory) is that our visa has been granted. If you don't frontload, your case officer gets in touch and advises you to get them done and you have about 4 weeks to get them back in, the case is then passed to the Decision Maker. The risk with frontloading is that you have to activate your visa (once it's granted) from the date of your meds/police checks and therefore, even if our visa is not granted until say July, we will need to activate by Feb/March 2009. We are Very Very fortunate (and I thank my lucky stars daily for it) that we sold our house in March and so, as soon as the visa comes through, we can book flights, put notice in at work and go.

Roz

Hello Roz, Thanks for replying. I guess I will get addicted to the site as well :)

I think we will get the medicals/police report done soon. We can't wait to leave, we want to do it as quick as possible.

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Sue I too have a teenager who didn't want to come my Daughter she will be 17 in August.We told her to treat it as a holiday at the start and when she is 18 if she really didn't like it she could come home!!!The fact is hopefully she will meet up and make friends and not want to go back home.She also doesn't want to go back to school even though we think it is a good idea. But we have given her the option of finding a job/apprenticeship ( within a couple of months or she will have to go back to school. I know it will be hard for her but at least she is willing to give it a go.Also the driving lessons i have promised is an added bonus for her which has helped persuade her to come. Hope you can win your boys round to at least give. it a go.