Few clarifications needed in Chain migration Family member in South Australia

Optimus

Hello Folks,

Hope you are doing fine.

I am new in this forum. I am a PR and living in Adelaide. I got a brother who works back in my country. I am trying to get some info so that he also can migrate here. I found this below link helpful for this purpose.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements/chain-migration-family-member-in-south-australia

My confusions are:

1. His current occupation is listed in Supplementary Skilled List in this link [http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/state-nominated-occupation-lists] for South Australia. But this occupation is not listed in DIBP SOL [https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/SOL]. Now in this situation can he apply?

2. Could some also guide me through how this chain migration actually works? I read that page but not sure how I can contribute him? Is this through only 10 points for visa 489?

Regards,

Opt

• 2 weeks later...

If you check the supplimentary list it says a person can access this list if he complies any of the four criteria. Under brother criteria he can get his desired occupation though it is not mentioned in state's list. Please read that portion ans share your findings.

Hi Wrussell,

marketing research analyst.

From what has been posted, you should be OK with this occupation. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about whether you can satisfy the applicable criteria, and do so before the quota for this pathway is filled?

From what has been posted, you should be OK with this occupation. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about whether you can satisfy the applicable criteria, and do so before the quota for this pathway is filled?

Thanks Wrussell.

I tried the sites but couldn't find whether this particular position filled out already or not. How can I know this information please?

Regards,

Opt