Citizenship 2015/2016

SonicBlue82

Hi Guys,

Not sure if there's already an existing citizenship 2015/2016 thread, so apologies if there is!

I applied for my citizenship by conferral on 1 September online through ImmiAccount. I attached all required documents at the time, and immediately received an acknowledgement letter for my application. I believe the next step is for the department to contact me to let me know when to go to the immigration office to sit the test and provide the original documents. From what I've read on other forums, this usually occurs not long after the application has been lodged. I still haven't received an e-mail from the department though and it has been a week. Is there anyone who has applied for citizenship earlier this year that can provide some insight as to how long is usually takes for them to book me in for the citizenship test? Cheers

Hi Guys,

Not sure if there's already an existing citizenship 2015/2016 thread, so apologies if there is!

I applied for my citizenship by conferral on 1 September online through ImmiAccount. I attached all required documents at the time, and immediately received an acknowledgement letter for my application. I believe the next step is for the department to contact me to let me know when to go to the immigration office to sit the test and provide the original documents. From what I've read on other forums, this usually occurs not long after the application has been lodged. I still haven't received an e-mail from the department though and it has been a week. Is there anyone who has applied for citizenship earlier this year that can provide some insight as to how long is usually takes for them to book me in for the citizenship test? Cheers

I don't think it was long for the date to confirm the test date. give it a few weeks. we took our test last November and had our ceremony in the February. I'm pretty sure we started our process in the September 2014.

Hi,

I'll be keeping an eye on this, we will be applying end of this year or early next.

We, too are in the same boat, will be applying next year.

Only takes approximately 3-4 weeks until invite to citizenship test/interview what I've heard from a friend who did it this year

Cheers! I actually got my e-mail today for the citizenship test which is for next week :)

Wow! Fantastic news.

May I ask you when did you do your photo verification beforehand? Where an Aussie from the List (GP, post manager etc) has to verify and sign of the form which has to be attached for the application.

Wow! Fantastic news.

May I ask you when did you do your photo verification beforehand? Where an Aussie from the List (GP, post manager etc) has to verify and sign of the form which has to be attached for the application.

I had my photos done back in July and got my chiropractor (which is on the list) to complete the identity forms and sign my photos and then lodged my application online on 1 September :)

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Morning All, I have a quick question, can I apply for Citizenship before completing my permanent residency timeline? We'll finish our pr timeline on 12-Jun-2016 (3yrs on TR + 1 yr as PR) and as citizenship can take some time to process so planning to apply beforehand. Any thoughts will be highly appreciable. Thank you!

Morning All, I have a quick question, can I apply for Citizenship before completing my permanent residency timeline? We'll finish our pr timeline on 12-Jun-2016 (3yrs on TR + 1 yr as PR) and as citizenship can take some time to process so planning to apply beforehand. Any thoughts will be highly appreciable. Thank you!

i would have thought it unlikely but give them a call and find out, Call the Citizenship Information Line for information, application forms and advice. Telephone 131 880 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.

i would have thought it unlikely but give them a call and find out, Call the Citizenship Information Line for information, application forms and advice. Telephone 131 880 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks robeaves. I called them this arvo but this is not likely going to happen; so need to wait until it is 12-Jun :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

We arrived on a PR visa 2 years ago and are now thinking of citizenship.. how long do we have to have been residents? Theres lots of conflicting information around and even the immigration site is confusing.

The time for getting citizenship is 4 years not 2 this changed in 2007.

We just missed out and had a 4 year wait.

• 5 weeks later...