certified copies of docs???

Hi you helpful bunch....

I am in the process of completing the dreaded Visa forms and we need " certified copies" of passports, marriage certicficates, qualification certificates etc..... do you know how I go about obtaining these??????

I am hoping I am not the only person who doesn't know how to sort this cos I will feel a right doughnut other wise!

Thanks

Heidi

xxx :err:

Guest Django

Are you applying online?

If so just scan in the originals in colour. No need to certify.

If you are doing it the hard way with a paper based effort then get all your documents photocopied. Make an appointment with your local JP and then take him/her the copies and the originals. They will sign them as exact copies. Just pop these in the post along with your visa application.

Pete

Guest Django
We took them to our solicitor (charged £50 in total) and these have been accepted. Hope this helps.

Ah yes but JPs will do it for free. ;)

Pete

Guest hopefulnurse

Hi Fishers,

i have had to contact my uni where i did my nurse training and had to get transcripts of original nurse training, graduation cert, further training and took them to my solicitor, because i copied them all before i saw her and took the originals i was charged half price, hope this helps and good luck.

Jim

Guest chillyanna

I to used the JP's as advised by another PIA user. i had over 20 A4's to certify.

i first phoned the court to see when best to go, when i got there the receptionist advised i get them all in order as the jp's dont like it when they arnt, then she stamped them all with the court stamp ready for the signature then i went into a court room during a break in hearings and had to swear on the bible, the papers were handed to the 3JP's and they all signed some of the papers to speed things up a little. they were very nice about it and even wished me all the best in OZ.

it was all FREE and took 1hour of my time in total.

i would recomend this rather than a solicitor costing on avaerage £20..

hope this helps you all

paul

HI guys

Sorry for being thick but what does JP stand for and where do i go to see them? I havent recieved the visa forms yet but hopefully will soon if you've got them Heidi. Cheers.

Emma.

HI guys

Sorry for being thick but what does JP stand for and where do i go to see them? I havent recieved the visa forms yet but hopefully will soon if you've got them Heidi. Cheers.

Emma.

Hi Emma

I asked Kelly at OGP to send me all the visa stuff so i could start filling it all in, loads and loads mate. Don't know what a JP is think it means Justice of the Peace Magistrate in other words ??????

xxxxx

Guest Django
HI guys

Emma.

Emma, if its for your visa (I'm taking your doing a paper based version rather than online??) then get someone at work to do it for you. staff Nurses, doctors, ward sisters, etc can all certify your documents. The list of those able to do this is very similar to that of those that can certify photos for passports.

Justices of the Peace can be found at your local Magistrate court. Pop in make an appointment and turn up and save yourself some money. I would ask around at work first though.

Pete

Guest Django

How bizzare, when Tracey did it for her skill assesment she just phoned up and asked for an appointment to see one to sign certify documents for migration and had no trouble.:confused:

Suggested wording for single page is "This is a certified true copy of the original as sighted by me"

Multiple pages "I certify this and the following … pages to be a true copy of the original as sighted by me"

Note: The department of immigration suggests that you initial subsequent pages of the copy.

Just found the list of who Australia except as people able to certify documents...

http://glitfvic.org.au/document/listpersonstatdecs.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skellysgirl

Can an chartered accountant sign them, he is registered with several bodies, i can see it on the list but it does say something about financial workers

Guest Libby1971

:arghh:You have got to be joking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid a s*ddin' fortune to a solicitor for certified copies for my application. Teachers are on the list? I only needed to take it to the staff room.

I am livid! I was told teachers weren't allowed :arghh::realmad::realmad:

Libby

Emma, if its for your visa (I'm taking your doing a paper based version rather than online??) then get someone at work to do it for you. staff Nurses, doctors, ward sisters, etc can all certify your documents. The list of those able to do this is very similar to that of those that can certify photos for passports.

Justices of the Peace can be found at your local Magistrate court. Pop in make an appointment and turn up and save yourself some money. I would ask around at work first though.

Pete

Cheers Pete

Yes it will be the paper version. It will be so much easier just being being able to take the bits into work. Thanks again.

Emma:)

Guest Django
:arghh:You have got to be joking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid a s*ddin' fortune to a solicitor for certified copies for my application. Teachers are on the list? I only needed to take it to the staff room.

I am livid! I was told teachers weren't allowed :arghh::realmad:

Libby

Sorry Lib but yes, you could have got a colleague at work to do the do for you. :sad:

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Well wot wild goose chase I have been on today.......

After 3 lengthy calls to local magistrates court I finally managed to speak to someone who advised that we could take our documents to them for certification free of charge, this morning at 9.30, we arrived at 9.15 to a queue of undesirables I was eventually spoken to by an office bod after about 20 mins who then informed me that I could indeed have the docs certified at a cost of wait for it........... £25.00 per document I of course nearly fell over, I had 10 docs that needed doing !.

I was then informed ( by stroppy bird behind the office window) that I could take them to the county court where they would do it FREE!. However the nearest one to us was actually about 10 miles away. We got on the road and I tried to call them but was unable to get past the annoying recorded message, so we headed there anyway and located the court but of course nearest legal car parking was 15 mins walk away. We arrived at the court rather stressed and hot to then be sent up to the 5th floor where I joined yet another queue..... after 10 mins arrived at the desk to be told that they don't offer this service unless its for a county court matter AAAAArrrrgggghhhh :arghh::arghh:

we were advised (by mr Happy security man) to go to a solicitors so off we went over the road where' thank the lord, they were extremely helpful and certified my documents in 5 mins for £20 brilliant! Should have gone there first me thinks......

rant over now

Heidi

xxx

ps hope that makes sense x

Makes complete sense Heidi. These people often give you the run around. Glad you've finally got it sorted though. I am awaiting Alicias passport and then i can get all our bits certified so it'll be interesting to see how i get on.

I am in the process of trying to get a stat declaration sorted out which i have to get for taking Alicia out the country, I'm not quite there yet but i now believe i can write it myself and get a solicitor to sign and stamp it for a lot cheaper. Otherwise if they write it i've been told it would be another £200-£400.

Take care.

Emma.xx

Guest Django
Well wot wild goose chase I have been on today.......

After 3 lengthy calls to local magistrates court I finally managed to speak to someone who advised that we could take our documents to them for certification free of charge, this morning at 9.30, we arrived at 9.15 to a queue of undesirables I was eventually spoken to by an office bod after about 20 mins who then informed me that I could indeed have the docs certified at a cost of wait for it........... £25.00 per document I of course nearly fell over, I had 10 docs that needed doing !

How odd and bloody annoying :mad: If they told you it would be free then it should be free. Also I was told a long time ago that a Justice of the Peace cannot charge for this service. We had all our skill assessment stuff done without charge without a problem.

At least you found a solicitor that didn't charge the earth.

Pete

Hi, I took all the documents I wanted certifying to my local solicitor I left them with the receptionist and said I wanted 2 copies of each and I returned 2 hours later and they charged me £10 which I thought quite good, their paper and their printer ink (skin flint or what).

Jo:jiggy:

Guest cbeeb

We got ours done in by gardai in ireland for nothing done about 30, asked if they wanted a donation to their fund and got told it was part of their job was well impressed