143 contributory parent visa

SwanseaJack

Hi all

lokking to see if anyone has been through this process. My parents are lodging this visa in the next few weeks. It seems that all the work is front ended and its a matter of just waiting. They say it will take about 2 years to complete.

if anyone has done this or is going through the process would you mind sharing your experiences with me.

thanks in advance

kathy

Hi Kathy,

We have been through the process and purchased what we thought was a permanent residents Visa, but decided to go through the 2 stage process. This entails buying a 2 year temporary Visa which leads on to a Permanent Visa when the balance of the fee is paid.

After living in Adelaide for 3 years we decided to move back to England. The last time we came out to Australia in January 2015 we were informed at the airport that we did not have a valid Visa for entry to Australia, so had to let Emirates arrange a visitors Visa for us whilst we were waiting to get on the plane.

After we arrived we visited the Immigration office in Adelaide only to be told our Visa had been cancelled because we had not lived in Australia for 3 of the last 5 years, this apparently was because they do not recognize living with a temporary Visa as Residence.

I would suggest that your parents apply for an extended holiday Visa which I believe can be had for 12 months, which would give them the chance to test out if they want to live there permanently or come back to England.

Our (Permanent Residents Visa?) turned out to be a very expensive 3 year exercise, as it cost us over £30,000 which it appears we have now lost!!.

• 8 months later...

I am currently going through this. I have sent in the first set of forms and now am just waiting! I'm told it will be 18 to 24 months. I've asked for any comments from others who may have already gone through this. My biggest worry is how to pay the 30000 aud before I sell the house!!

Thanks for reply. I would need to be sure of acceptance before I would sell my house - if I have to stay here I want this house! If they ask for Medical checks and police checks is that the time to put the house on the market? Or would it still be a risk? I know the checks would be clear - no great medial problems and security checks are clear -I've been a good girl!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...