As a non resident you can rent out the house. We did just this. After all you can't live in it full time if you are not resident. Check the rules they are different for temporary residents and non residents. Visitor visas are different, you would be applying as s resident of another country.

As as said before you can't live in Australia on a visitor visa but you can stay for longish periods as long as you return home between times for 6 months or so