ANMAC & AHPRA speedy turn around!

Becks22

Hi,

I'm posting this mainly for any nurses out there who are thinking of making the move who are put off by all the bad reports of nightmares with qualifications and getting assessed in Oz. I applied to AHPRA mid Nov 2015. I had heard of and met several people who were having AHPRA provlems in particular. I personally met two people who had been waiting around a year for a decision by AHPRA as overseas applicants. I applied to ANMAC end of November 2015.

I had my application for both AHPRA and ANMAC granted today after both being submitted November time. I had delays in both applications as certain things hadn't been received from the UK from other parties such as IELTS, uni, and NMC. Once everything was correct, both were processed within 6 weeks! Bearing in mind xmas was in between I think this is great!!

If there are any words of wisdom I can impart to you it is to plan ahead! I made sure EVERYTHING was done before my applications went off. Although a few things hadn't been received, this was a case of contactng parties to re-send rather than start a request. Apart from the NMC, everyone sorted their parts within 24hours! The NMC resent within 16 days. Both of the people I knew either didn't have degree's and needed to be further decided on, or didn't have paperwork in order, bit missing etc, which all took ags to sort. One of them got turned down eventually, which as they were already in Adelaide was a massive blow.

I am a diploma qualified RMN, but I also have a BSc nurse practitioner so without this I could not have registered. If you want to go, you MUST be degree trained, whether that's primary or post qualification.

I spent ages hunting for info, and couldn't find anything positive, just moaning about how rubbish AHPRA is, so I hope this post helps even one nurse make the move by planning ahead, then my work is done! We also now need to try and get my AP trained hubby through AHPRA as an enrolled nurse.....

Now I just need the actual visa and me and my family can enjoy our new life very soon :biglaugh: Good luck to amyone starting their exciting journey!

Lovely to read, thank you.

I am a newly qualified nurse and am at the beginning of the process. AHPRA and ANMAC lodged early February. ANMAC have emailed to say that they will start to assess, no word of acknowledgement from AHPRA yet, no payment taken yet either. The waiting game is the hardest part, I'm sure!

Good luck with the next step in your journey!

I didn't hear anything from AHPRA either so I e-mailed them after about 3 weeks I think just to check, although they had taken the money so I did know it was at least with them. I had a reply from the case officer the next day which is when I was informed some bits had yet to turn up. My case officer always replied the next day to questions and they were flexible about the institutions etc e-mailing the missing bits (although nmc sent hard copy). I told my case officer how wonderful he was, not sure if this helped them to speed it along or not! Good luck in your journey too kyliedonut! I hope they are good to you too!

Yeah mine was a fairly long stressful process too but that was around the time they started to refuse diploma nurses. I had diploma and degree which seemed to cause many issues but I think now that everyone knows that you won't be registered with a diploma alone things are probably speedier.

Hi,

Its good to hear that people are having a positive experience and things are improving.

I have just sent off my application to AHPRA so hoping they will have it within the next few days. I am hoping to register as a nurse in Oz and then complete the modified assessment with ANMAC is this what you have done? or have you completed the full assessment with ANMAC? and then registered as a nurse with AHPRA? Sorry for all the questions its just nice to hear from others who have been through the process.

When do you plan to move over to Oz? We are hoping to go towards the end of the year as we just at the start of the process and have got our house to sell too :-(

Hi,

Its good to hear that people are having a positive experience and things are improving.

I have just sent off my application to AHPRA so hoping they will have it within the next few days. I am hoping to register as a nurse in Oz and then complete the modified assessment with ANMAC is this what you have done? or have you completed the full assessment with ANMAC? and then registered as a nurse with AHPRA? Sorry for all the questions its just nice to hear from others who have been through the process.

When do you plan to move over to Oz? We are hoping to go towards the end of the year as we just at the start of the process and have got our house to sell too :-(

I did both at the same time, and amazingly got them both back granted on the same day! I did a full ANMAC assessment as I was keen to get on to apply for the visa without a delay (I had visions of waiting 12 months for AHPRA). I'm not sure what the cost difference is between full and modified, depends whether the cost is worth the wait.

we are hoping to go out early July. My EOI went in this week so still need to do the visa part, but I am literally hyperventilating at the prospect of having to wait until July! Would go tomorrow if we could! We have just put our house on the market. We had sold it last year with a view to moving in to rented but our buyers it turned out didn't have any money so it fell through at the end of 2015. Luckily so far the market seems quite busy and we have turned down 3 offers so far with lots more interest being generated too! Good luck with your applications, I genuinely found it very stress free and easy! I may be the only person in the world to be in that positn so far from what I've heard