• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Moving in 2017

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by darbyshire View Post
      Hi we have just started applying for our visa we are just finishing the skills assessment. We are hoping to make the move to Adelaide early 2017 is anyone else looking to maie the move at a similar time? Thought it would be nice to share the experience with any other families, there is myself, my husband son who will be 12 when we move and 2 daughters who will be 10 and 8.
      Hi darbyshire,

We too are in the process of getting our skill assessment done. We are waiting for the results and hoping to get them anytime soon. We too are planning to move to Adelaide early 2017. Will be moving with my husband and 2 kids aged 7yr and 11 months. I'm just being positive about the skill assessment as we have sent it to AIM and I've heard they are a tough assessing body. Fingers and toes crossed! hoping for the best! Keep in touch :).

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      I've just (last week) received a job offer with sponsorship. I will be coming as soon as we have the visa (187) but have no idea how long they take to process(hoping by Feb 2017). I will be working in marleston and will be coming with oh and 13yo daughter.. possibly 17yo son (undecided), 13yo stepson and 11yo stepdaughter. They will all go on visa regardless if they want to come now or in the future.

Have no idea on the best areas to look for property to rent short/long term to accommodate the needs of the family.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      4909 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by elizawho77 View Post
      I've just (last week) received a job offer with sponsorship. I will be coming as soon as we have the visa (187) but have no idea how long they take to process(hoping by Feb 2017). I will be working in marleston and will be coming with oh and 13yo daughter.. possibly 17yo son (undecided), 13yo stepson and 11yo stepdaughter. They will all go on visa regardless if they want to come now or in the future.

Have no idea on the best areas to look for property to rent short/long term to accommodate the needs of the family.
      Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Hopefully the visa process runs smoothly for you. I don't know the timelines for the 187 I'm afraid.

Good all the kids are going to go on the visa application. For all of them it is vitally important they all validate their visa once granted though. Else it'll be useless to them in the future should they wish to make the move or return.

Suggest you post new threads on the forum (we have various sections for different things) and ask any questions in those as things like asking for rental advice will get lost in this thread. Also some people who may reply might not see it otherwise.
      elizawho77 likes this.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Thank you snifer

We didn't realise they all had to come out to activate their visa just assumed we activated them all at the time we enter ��.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      4909 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by elizawho77 View Post
      Thank you snifer

We didn't realise they all had to come out to activate their visa just assumed we activated them all at the time we enter .
      If you are all moving out once the visa is granted its fine as that will validate the visas for those moving then. But if some are not moving then they will still need to come over and validate within a set timeframe to then move over at a later date iirc.
      elizawho77 likes this.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      Ah that's great. Will look into it and we will either all go out together or the 2/3 undecided can come out for a holiday within whatever time frame they give. Thanks for your help.

Title
      Liked
      83 times
      Rep
      Any Electricians in this batch coming over? Make sure you got a nice little amount to sit on... Now the Hospital is pretty much wrapped up established electricians whom are born and bred Aussie have been out of work since December. Think about the move to Adelaide wisely. I receive txt messages daily asking if I know who's taking on.

Title
      Liked
      66 times
      Rep
      Hi we too are hoping to move out in August/September time 2017. Just the three of us myself my husband and my 6 year old son, the two eldest we are hoping will follow us so at least we are all in the same country, we are knocking on now so it was our last chance to get back to Adelaide. Good Luck to you all with everything. Hopefully we can all meet up. The last time we came there was a big meet up on the beach and people on here were really friendly and helpful in person too .
      Last edited by soccer65; 14-06-2016 at 09:30 PM.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      I have read many posts about people getting together it all sounds lovely. Everyone is really helpful and gives great advice.
      soccer65 likes this.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hello

Were just in the early stages of getting things together before submitting my husbands skills visa (he's a joiner). Hoping to move out back end of 2017 if we can. Have a 3yr old daughter. Will love to meet up with others who have moved over!

Quicj question: did you use a migration agent for your skills visa?

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast