permanent visa

adkat

Hi, this is my first thread for a while, we have decided that its now time to leave this country, problem is im 44 end of march and my hubby is 46, im a nurse and hubby is an orthodontic technician we have 2 children 5,16, what i need to know; if anyone can help, if we apply for a perm residency will it still be viable for the 5 years you have it, (once its been made active ozzy side) it wont be void once im 45??

Any information will be appreciative.

No, it won't become void when you turn 45.

Sooner rather than later in terms of applying to ensure your eldest is still dependant on you and not in work or independent living away from home or anything. Though reading what you've said I think you intend to apply asap.

Hi, yes we are but its where to start is the issue, and would it not better to just go for a working visa then apply for residency after 2 years of being there, and my eldest son may stay in the UK with his dad as he is not to keen on it, we need to look into all the prices again as they will have changed since we first started to think about it.

Lots if information to find out i think.:arghh:

I'd get him on the application if you can. Even if he isn't sure he'll use it at this point. At least then he has options and can make use of it in a fe years if he wanted. Kids that age can change with the wind and what he thinks this year may change once he's had a few holidays to Aus or is a bit older. If he does not go on it the path to Aus may be very hard to him in the future. He'd need to be skilled or qualified in something Australia wants and that changes often. Plus he'd need experience etc.