Sponsorship!!!!!

Hiyaitstasha

Are you meaning sponsorship for PR or as a temporary resident? I know citizens who have had to wait 6 months once in a job. But I've also heard of people on 457 visas getting mortgages too. I think it depends if you are happy to go with whatever you can get no matter the cost or want to wait for a better deal.

Lovely. Thank you. I'm just waiting on my ielts exam I'm hoping for an 8. But if I get 7s sponsorship is all I can get for 2 years then I can get a permanent residency then. Great as long as I can get a mortgage that's an option if need be. Are you over in Adelaide how long you been over there. X x

3 months try 6 or 9!!! That's if your lucky.. I'm a realist love and things are not good here at the minute. You may be lucky but please before jumping at a morgage. Do your homework other wise that be a very costly trip to go back again and I'm telling you it's happening with a few folk here ok!!!

I have no clue. I'm a nurse and been told to get ielts 8 for PR visa or I can be sponsorship visa for 2 years with a ielts score of 7 then apply after 2 years to be permanent. Do you love it ? Best choice you made? Where did you live before. Xx

I wouldn't say love it. Certainly not the best choice I ever made. But I do enjoy my life. But then I did in the UK. I'm worse off financially here and I worry more for my children here. I'm from Cambridge originally. I had been living in Manchester for nearly 5 years before coming here. I think moving back to Cambridge would have been better for me really, but then I would have always wondered 'what if'.

I can't see me leaving now though. My partner is Aussie and we have a daughter and a second on the way. He also has an older daughter, so this is where we will stay.

Bless. Why are you financially worse there thought it's better pay and what you mean worrying about your kids more??? Xx

The field of work I left in the UK the pay is worse here. But for me to be sponsored I had to go to a lesser level job, with MUCH lower pay. That and the cost of living is higher here.

I worry about the kids when they get to driving age. I've seen so many people here affected by people dying in car accidents. I also don't think there are anywhere near the same opportunities here. I've personally seen far more people into drugs here than the UK too.

The field of work I left in the UK the pay is worse here. But for me to be sponsored I had to go to a lesser level job, with MUCH lower pay. That and the cost of living is higher here.

I worry about the kids when they get to driving age. I've seen so many people here affected by people dying in car accidents. I also don't think there are anywhere near the same opportunities here. I've personally seen far more people into drugs here than the UK too.

Blossom I felt that way about drugs in Oz probably because of the work I did so I saw the seemier side of life

However since coming back to the UK in 2013 I have noticed the drug scene is rife here too ,now I think it's six of one half a dozen of the other

I agree with the amount of accidents on the roads in Adelaide though there were some horrific accident when we were there Haven't they now stopped younger drivers having the high powered cars etc I always thought giving a 16 year old a V8 was like a loaded gun

Yes Hyatistasha I have seen both spiders and snakes must admit much more of the spiders than the snakes but they are there !

Huntsmen I leave alone as they kill the smaller nastier spiders we had a permanent Incy Wincy for months at one stage It's the red backs you need to be cautious with nasty little b*******

Snakes one killed by the postie outside our house at Morphett Vale , 2 seen in various spots in Happy Valley ,granddaughter almost stood on one in the dunes at Southport beach

None luckily on our propery

You do need to be cautious if your out with your dogs but most snakes will slither away if disturbed ( or so they tell me )

But we always had dogs and intend to take our dog with us when we go back to Adelaide in April and never had any problems

I worry when anyone says is it a better life because in my opinion it is a different life as Australia is not the UK it has its own identity

its actually 34 years gone since we emigrated as adults with two teenagers and yes we settled well ,jobs were very easy to get back then and we always worked and just got on with the day to day living

But I had the pull of my own Mum and Dad so we came back to the uk often - probably too often as we never really cut the cord

In 2001 we moved back to the UK to look after my Mum leaving my kids who had family's if their own by then in Adelaide

2006 when Mum was in a home we moved back to Adelaide

In the few years we had been away though prices had shot up a bit of a shock really

2013 we decided to retire to the UK and upped sticks again but for us it hasn't worked as we have the pull of our kids and the grandkids plus great grandkids in Adelaide

Do I like both places yes I do , I miss Sunderland when I am not here , I miss Adelaide when I am not there

everyone will have an opinion and I think in this day and age it must be so hard to evenget through the visa process We were not by the way ten pound poms we paid our own fares but have no regrets that we didn

Edited by Philly47

Lovely thank you. And so have you gone to Adelaide come back and going again. Is it a better life out there I keep getting mixed messages.

I have to agree with philly47, it's a different life, not a better one. The UK is better for lots, Australia is better for lots. You still have the same life problems in both places. Here it's worrying if you can afford to cool your home rather than if you can heat it etc.

The driving rules have got a bit stricter for young ones here, but they can still be on the roads from 16. It's actually more older people I've experienced dying on the roads. Some caused by drink driving (it's FAR too common here, and people hardly even seem embarrassed to say they have been caught doing it), and accidents from driving the large distances inbetween places.

On the spiders and snake front, I've hardly seen any snakes, and spiders I see less than I ever did in the UK )and I work outdoors with plants). The houses all have fly screens on the doors and windows so they don't get in as easily. I did get bitten on the neck while driving by one. Luckily it was a small one and I was stopped at lights so no accident lol.

We see far more redbacks than huntsmen. But they stay in one stop so they don't bother me.

Lovely thank you. And so have you gone to Adelaide come back and going again. Is it a better life out there I keep getting mixed messages.

Agree with the others. Its not a better life, its a different one. Some aspects can be better yes, some aspects can be worse. Both countries have things to offer but there can often be a trade off and what you gain in one way, you may lose something else along the line.

If you are moving thinking that because the sun shines a lot here or some such that its going to automatically be better because of it, have a rethink about migration. You still have to work hard (and get a job to get you going which can be a big struggle for some) and then overcome all the cultural differences (of which there are plenty) and actually find yourself liking Adelaide (or wherever in Aus you end up) and in a position to make a go of it. If things fall into place, even half of them, its a great thing. The main aspect is work and those that struggle to secure it often tend to move on or move back as you can't live on fresh air.

Adelaide has lots going for it but it does have negatives also. If you migrate, be aware of the pitfalls and don't think that its all going to be wonderful from the get go or that even a year on you'll feel totally at home and ease here. It can take a long while for all the pieces to fall into place. I don't think there is a timeframe, everyone is different and some will adapt and settle far quicker than others.

Snakes and spiders are around. Its just common sense stuff with them. Have a read up on some Aus websites about the what to do's and so on and if you have kids, there are some great books they can read to get to grips with the new wildlife. TBH on a daily basis I am more concerned with inch ants, fire ants and jumping jack ants and European wasps than I am with the Aus spiders and snakes :cute: I don't kill Hunstmen, they are the good guys to have in the house spider wise.