Thread: Visa sub 190 - can't seem to find jobs in SA

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Don't take chances on a 190

Quote Originally Posted by samsindi View Post
      Hi Geoff,

Thank you very much for your informative reply. As far as I have researched, these rules are pretty much the same. My doubt lies in whether moving out of South Australia, within the 2 years, will affect my citizenship application.

Thank you anyways.

Regards,
      Sam
      Sam, I feel your pain. Keep trying for the remainder of your two years in SA. The 190 visa rules are being looked upon strictly as a lot of folks landed on 190s back in the days and simply went off to their place of choice (SYD or MEL mostly). Somehow, their applications slipped through the cracks, and they did end up getting citizenship eventually. I know of at least two Indian families who got knocked back on their resident return visas/citizenship applications as they didn't fulfill the 2 years requirement in the State that sponsored them. I have a couple of people I know that work in the DIBP that have said something similar. Knowing how these guys in DIBP work, if the application gets rejected, you go to a Migration Review Tribunal (MRT) which costs more money. Just another uncouth way to rip people off their money.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by snifter View Post
      From what others have said and done, I don't think moving out of the state has any impact on your future citizenship.

If you want confirmation of this, consult a reputable migration agent to discuss your concerns.

I guess your right. I just got a little concerned because I read a few posts regarding that. But yeah, I should focus on getting a full time job first. I have contacted the relevant authorities who assist PRs in getting a job. Will have to wait and see what they come up with. Thank you very much for your insight. Helped me get things in perspective.

Regards,
      Sam

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi protraktor,

can you please give more information about those indian familiies, what happened to them next who didnt fulfil the 2 years commitment.....can you please please give more information.

Title
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hi Samsindi,

did you get a chance to consulted any agents for this ? does it have impact on future citizenship if you move out of state before 2 years of obligation? please confirm

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Offer of help

Quote Originally Posted by samsindi View Post
      Hi guys,

So, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light and give us some helpful tips on to what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Sam
      Hi Sam

I realise this is a few months old so I am not sure if you are still in Adelaide or if you are still needing help. I would be happy to meet up for a coffee if you would like and go through some aspects of how to find suitable employment her in Adelaide. I work as a Career Consultant but I always do a bit of good will work on the side to keep my world balanced. So I am happy to do this at no charge. Let me know if you're still in Adelaide and if you are interested?

Kind regards,

Emma

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      A bit of a gray area as to whether it will affect your citizenship application. I would definitely consult a professional before making any decisions.
      --Marketing entrepreneur. New to the city. See website here --

•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12