URGENT help needed !!!!!!!

Guest markshelley

Guest markshelley

Hi all on PIA,

Firstly is i want to ask if anyone has done a Vetassess skills test for a Joiner. What is it like?

Also id like some feedback on this - I'm a Joiner, but ive been in site management for the last 6 years and im worried that we are going to spend alot of hard earned cash to be let down at some point, and ive brought this up with my visa agent and they have said that everything should be ok if my referees twist the truth abit, so i was wondering if anyone out there was in an awkward situation like me?

Regards

Mark, Shelley and 3 kids

hi mate im in the same situation im a brikie and im wondering what the test is like

hopefully taking test in october:arghh:

keep intouch pal

ecky

Guest Taylors08

Hi, My OH is a plumber and about to do the Vetassess Test.. We were after some info too.. Its doesnt seem like anyone has done it yet, or the arent willing to give any info..

Guest Kelly pj

Hi everybody! We are new 2 PIA just registered now! My OH is due to take the skills assessment in July too! He is an electrician and we to were hoping for some advice and info as to what its like, all I know is its a relatively new thing, my aunite and uncle emigrated last year and he didnt have to do a practical test (lucky him less money and time:arghh:) I think thats why there isnt much info around? Our agent has basically said its just doing all the things you do in ur trade on a day to day basis to prove u can actually do them! sorry know this doesn't help much but at least u know we are in the same position ;)

Kelly, Gaz, Ellie (5) and Ruby (1)

Guest Happychick

Hi,

sorry cant help with the post, just wanted to say hi, we met at the brickworks back in april!! any idea when you ll be out here?? hope its all going well

Lisa x

Guest Sharron & Andrew
hi mate im in the same situation im a brikie and im wondering what the test is like

hopefully taking test in october:arghh:

keep intouch pal

ecky

Hi,

My OH is a brickie and is hopefully taking test in October, we have to have all paperwork in by end of this month so that Vetassess can invite him to take the test. We have heard from an agent that the skills test is quite hard for a brickie as they have changed it recently to stop people blagging it, but that all the people he knew that had taken it had passed. He said that as long as you know your stuff you should be okay, I'm hoping that as Andrew is bricklaying on a daily basis he will fly through!!!

Best of luck to everyone who is taking the skills test in which ever trade.:)

Guest Taylors08

Does anyone have any information on medical insurance?? and pregnancies, is it true you need 12 mths with the insurance before they will cover pregnancy??

Guest Sharron & Andrew
Does anyone have any information on medical insurance?? and pregnancies, is it true you need 12 mths with the insurance before they will cover pregnancy??

Hi

If you follow this link you should find out everything you need to know

www.medicareaustralia.gov.au