Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By wrussell

Thread: parent visa - help

0 times

parent visa - help

Hi all

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help. We have been in Adelaide for nearly 6 years, we love it and are now citizens. My mum has talked a lot about coming out here to live however i'm not sure I really expected it to happen however she's put the house in UK on the market and just had an offer so it looks like she will be coming in the next couple of months! I am finding trying to get visa info quite difficult and hoped that I could rely on some of your expertise to steer us in the right direction.

so my mum is 63, lives in UK and both me & my brother are AUS citizens. She's in good health and has no plans to work initially.
      I think for peace of mind she should go for the contributory parent visa but does anyone know if you can apply for it from Aus? - I have read various threads about coming on a tourist visa and then getting a bridging visa until it is granted but on closer inspection it looks like this is only for the Aged parent contributory visa - idea's/advice. We could really do with her coming out as soon as possible as she will be able to help out with the kids (my son has autism) but not sure what would be the best route to do this?

Any help/insight would be much appreciated

120 times
      Mother would have to satisfy the - balance of family test and various other criteria; medical, character and so on.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent to develop a visa strategy?
      cliffy and snifter like this.
      Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent Number 0316072