Time Line

Guest Taylors08

Guest vikkiann

Don't know if i'm able to help you or not.

We didn't do vetassess but are going on a 175 visa. My husband passed skill assessment last August, we applied for our visa on 08/01/2008 and guess what........ we are waiting! Our agent told us to expect 6 months but i think maybe they are fobbing us off. 6 - 9 months from applying seems a reasonable timescale. Hope i maybe helped!

Guest Libby1971

Am I right in thinking that the 175 is the new name for the old 136, which gives PR from the first?

If so, we had skills assessment in April, applied for visa in May, got the med request in Nov and got the visa in Feb. Just under 9 months would be about right.

Libby

Guest vikkiann

Did your friend do an online application or paper based? A lot of November online applications already have visa's. We front loaded police checks and medicals so are getting concerned as we did them in December and the Uk property market is not good at the moment

Guest Django

We lodged our 175 online on 27th October last year we had our visa granted on 12th May. This was with a few hold ups as we had to supply a couple of extra bits.

Pete

Guest Taylors08

Oh thats sounds good then... When we first started looking into going to Oz we were under the impression that it could take 12/18 months.. I'll be so happy with 9 months!!

Thank you everyone...

Did most of you do it online? yourself? or with agent? We have spoken to a few agents got some good advice but decided to go at it alone..

x

hi there we did our skills assesment with tra but we are applying for the 175 you will be able to see our timeline at the bottom - there were delays with us as we decided to go it alone to save money and we actually failed our first tra skills assesment this made us very nervous - you only get 1 appeal but thankfully we passed the appeal!!

after that we decided to ask for the help of an agent to save me all the stress (cause there is enough of that anyway believe me!) their fees were reduced though as we done part of it ourselves. but even with reduced fees we needed to save so that is why although we passed with tra in aug07 our visa was not applied for till dec07.

phew

so all in all from the very start til now we have been 17 months - though all that said the actual visa part once applied for is around 9 months - thats all you wanted to know - right :biglaugh:

Guest Django
Errrrr, Mr Django

Did I miss the thread that said you had got your visa?

Libby

Well if this is the first you've heard about it then yes.:biglaugh:

In fact there were two threads. One started by Tracey http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4325 and one by Lulujim http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4343

You actually posted on one of the threads. :biglaugh: Methinks you had a too good a weekend.;):biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Taylors08
hi there we did our skills assesment with tra but we are applying for the 175 you will be able to see our timeline at the bottom - there were delays with us as we decided to go it alone to save money and we actually failed our first tra skills assesment this made us very nervous - you only get 1 appeal but thankfully we passed the appeal!!

after that we decided to ask for the help of an agent to save me all the stress (cause there is enough of that anyway believe me!) their fees were reduced though as we done part of it ourselves. but even with reduced fees we needed to save so that is why although we passed with tra in aug07 our visa was not applied for till dec07.

phew

so all in all from the very start til now we have been 17 months - though all that said the actual visa part once applied for is around 9 months - thats all you wanted to know - right :biglaugh:

Can i just ask... Were you requested to do your meds and police check or did you decided to do it then?? And did you apply online?

Thanks

Hi,

We're just going through vetasses stuff now. We're going under the same visa and have had confirmation from our agents that they're lengthening timescales - now currently standing at 10-11 months!

So from start of the vetasses to actually getting a visa (fingers crossed) we're looking at 18 months easy. :sad:

Kim

Can i just ask... Were you requested to do your meds and police check or did you decided to do it then?? And did you apply online?

Thanks

hi guys - no we have no case officer (co) yet and they are who rq you have your meds done though our agent suggested that we have them 'front loaded' along with the police checks so that when we get a co our application is, hopefully, decision ready. though do bear in mind that your entry date into oz is 1yr from when your meds are done.

Guest Trakki

My time line is in my signature, we didn't use an agent as I am a nurse and the skill assessment is alot simpler than I am led to believe the TRA and the vetasses are. We did ours online. After we got a co we had to supply a few more docs so delayed things by about a month. We did our meds early but wish we had waited now as we only have til december to sell the house and get there.