457 visa - request for further info

Usher1977

Hi. After a 7 week wait I finally received contact from the immigration department but just to request further info. They requested a document that I had already attached! I obviously replied straight away. Has anyone recently been through the 457 process and knows roughly how long this will delay the visa by? Or how long it was from their experience anyway. Thank you.

Hi Usher

We had the same problem back in March, asked for more lnformation when the form was already attached.

I believe the time scales for getting a response are quite long, around 2-4 weeks from memory.

Its a frustrating process and not always possible to speak to your case manager therefore email responses are a bit of a waiting game.

You can mark the email as Urgent, this was much quicker for us. The exact wording of what you need to put in the subject line can be found on the automated response you should have got when you emailed.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Hi Usher

We had the same problem back in March, asked for more lnformation when the form was already attached.

I believe the time scales for getting a response are quite long, around 2-4 weeks from memory.

Its a frustrating process and not always possible to speak to your case manager therefore email responses are a bit of a waiting game.

You can mark the email as Urgent, this was much quicker for us. The exact wording of what you need to put in the subject line can be found on the automated response you should have got when you emailed.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Thanks for the advice Caroline. I've got HR in Sydney on the case now. They said they "look into it". It was on the back of HR getting involved that prompted my first response from the immigration department so hopefully they can work their magic again!