ready to start applying...what do i do

Guest skellysgirl

Guest skellysgirl

Right been waiting for a whilst now but i can finally start applying (have been waiting for my first years worth of work exp to finish)

And i need help from some of you please

Im pretty much considering doing it all myself i tried one company good advice but the numbers/price gave me didn't add up and i didn't want to be paying and paying without any clarity on what i was paying for, and then i tried a second on the recommendation of several people on here but the advise was just stuff i already knew, and then they didn't answer my second mail

So where do i start i am a graphic designer

Quickly my points add up at

Age 32- 25

Skills - 50

Work experience - 5

Language - 15

State sponsorship 10

Total 105

115 if i do ielts test confident i could pass but still not enough, if anyone knows of a further 5 hiding anywhere please advise

My skill is assessed by vetass ... so im assuming i just fill in the online assessment

after that what else do i do. What documents do i need, and can they be scanned and sent or do they need to be hard copy signed by an official etc?

Guest Taylors08

Hi, Just read your mail, we were in the same boat!!! My OH is doing the plumbers test with Vetassess on the 15th July.. What type of Visa you applying for?? We're going for the 175 and doing it alone. We felt like we werent getting anywhere with the agents. Although we got some excellent advice. If i remember rightly when we applied to vetassess, you couldnt scan the documents you had to send them and they had to be certified. We struggled with who can certify them and in the end got my friend whos a nurse to do them.

Hope this helps. Also we're from Teesside where about are you??

Guest Taylors08

Hi, We're from Redcar.. We were in 2 minds to go for that visa as its suppose to be alot quicker to get processed and over there. But we decided to stop being so impatient and wait, i estimate ours (hopefully, fingers crossed) to take about 9 months, or thats what it seems to be for others on here.

Can i just ask whats made you choose Adelaide? I've never been myself but hubby has and has family out there.

Have you managed to get Vetassess sorted out?

Guest skellysgirl

Hi i have no choice , SA is the only state that accepts my profession, but when i looked into it maybe it will be a blessing it seems to have a strong British community, and it does not seem quite as expensive as some of the other cities.

i am a little concerned as i have come across a few other designers who have struggled out there, but they have all been print designers, and i have a reasonable amount of digital experience so i am hoping that will boost my chances of a job. Other than that adelaide seems just right not too hot not too cold, not too busy not too quiet.

I am ok to submit the vetass next week, i think i know what im doing

It says its just the online form , i am guessing that they then contact me and ask for my certified docs by the looks of it

my degree

passport

and 2 photos

if anyone could confirm this i would appreciate it

Guest jill wright

Hi Stephen

sorry we can't help with the vetass cos Phil had his skills assessment done two years ago and its all changed since however we too are hoping to go on 475 (submitted 17th April) so am happy to help with that when you come to do it (although its straight forward think its the skills assessment which is the biggy) good luck

Jill & Phil

Guest Django

I am ok to submit the vetass next week, i think i know what im doing

It says its just the online form , i am guessing that they then contact me and ask for my certified docs by the looks of it

my degree

passport

and 2 photos

if anyone could confirm this i would appreciate it

Hi Louise,

I would start another thread with 'Vetassess' in the title. That way people who know will see it and will be able to advise you.

Pete

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Louise

Myself and Tom are going on a 475 and have no choice but to go to SA because we are going with Tom being the main applicant so state spons. Again we are in the same boat as you just short of a perm visa :arghh:

We are going through A company called True Blue who have been excellent, offered lots of advice before we paid a penny and have been really helpful. Answered every email straight away as we asked lots of questions and must of drove them mad before we paid anything. Two couples i know have gone with this company one already on the sunny side and the other waiting on medicals.

We are appling through Vetassess we have just submitted application and sent all the documents, True Blue are getting all documents certified so we don't have to bother with all that. The company have the authority to do it which saved us alot of messing about.

Don't no if thats any help if you want any more info PM me good luck JO X:v_SPIN: