I was wondering if any one was having the same frustrations as ourselves. We were allocated a decision maker 11 weeks ago, and were told we would have a decision within 4 weeks. Subsequent emails to the DIAC by our visa company now wont give a time line.
I have commitments over there and need to leave by the end of the month (start work, Uni and finalise our selections to build our home). I dont know how much longer the position can be held open for.
Were now living with the mother-in-law and sleeping on an air bed as we have already sent everything over. We cannot see light at the end of the tunnel and are getting downhearted abut the whole thing.
Can anyone offer any insights?
Not much help but...
Sorry to hear your situation... the waiting is a nightmare after the rush to get everything sold and tied up at this end only for something like that to happen...
We are waiting for a case officer at the moment and are holding off on the medicals/police checks front until CO is allocated and our migration agent has advised the delay MIGHT be due to the fact that it is the end of the Australian tax year... Not much help - sorry.
Good luck and I hope you get something sorted asap.... Hope someone else comes along soon with some wiser words!!!
hi there, we are waiting for a case worker too and have sold our house , we now living with my sister , we were told to get the medicals and plice checks done in the mean time so every thing is in place when we have a c/w , we have the medicals today and the police checks came back yesterday , sorry not much help , good luck and fingers crossed
im sure you will hear soon though this website may help you as you can see other peoples time line
british expats australian visa time line
i would have though that was a long time after going to a decision maker
very best of luck
Not what we wanted to hear! We went to decision maker for six weeks and was hoping we were near!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to everybody waiting......
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....
I emailed the Visa comany today and got the same response. There is not enough decision makers for the massive work load, and therfore a huge back log has occured.
All I can personaly tell is that when the case officer hands your file over it should just be a case of a rubber stamp. We were originally told 4 weeks at this stage.....
Its good to know there are others at this new stage, thought it was just us getting picked on. ha ha
Let us know if you hear anything.
Thanks for all your kind and encouraging words.
We`ve been getting a little disheartend about the whole thing, even stopped guessing whether we would recieve something week by week. Its amazing such a slow processing time and such a high shortage of skilled workers!!.
I suppose it feels worse than it is as were dying to get over there and start our new life:)
When we finally get there we are both going to apply to be Decision Makers!!!!!!!!!!
Seems like a good job and they obviously have a lot of holidays!!!
We got a case officer on 14th Feb, medicals and police checks gone in and still nothing. We don't even know if our's has gone to a decision maker. So we know how fraustrating it feels
Originally Posted by dempseys
Originally Posted by dempseys
Have you seen copies of the e-mails that your Agent has sent DIAC - and the replies?
If not, I would insist on seeing both if I were in your shoes.
Please see this thread on Poms in Oz:
I am not for a moment suggesting that you are in a similar predicament. It is most unlikely that you are.
Nonetheless, you are the client and you are entitled to insist that your Instructions are obeyed. If it were me, I would insist on copies of the correpondence.