spouse visa

Guest dinawayneandkids

Guest dinawayneandkids

hi has anyone out there gone over on a spouse visa we thought it would be quicker but surprise surprise we seem to be doing the long wait like everyone else and the wait is so frustrating. we have sold the house so we are very lucky but don't want to loose the buyer by making them wait ages.

we are also shipping our stuff over but hubby want to put loads of beer in as he likes crown lager over in aus and it's not cheap.

I know lots of people are waiting an waiting and waiting

catch you all again soon dina:arghh:

Guest cazzie

Hello Dina,

I have just joined the site as I have also applied for a spouse visa. My final piece of correspondence should be with them tomorrow (son's birth cert) and I am then hoping that it will all be processed very quickly as my husband (an Aussie) needs to be back in Adelaide for work in September. How long have you waited? Any quidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Cazzie:)

Guest moonraker1959

Hi,we have just applied for my husbands spousal visa and were told it takes max 3 months?(we applied a month ago but they have asked for extra info so yeah more hold ups!)

Guest dinawayneandkids

hi our forms were recieved in london on 16 april my hubby had meds done on 14 april but had to do a follow thing cause blood pressure was high but follow up doc said he was fine no worries.

london recieved meds and police check on 15 may but then they sent meds off to oz for approval this is normal aparently they said it should take 4 weeks got to 12 june 4 weeks later nothin from london.

waitin was killin me so rang on the 18 june she said meds are back but haven't made thier way back to her desk yet!

so we wait again hopin to have a decision soon as we wanted to go in august have sold the house (even though they say not to but we thought it would take ages to sell)

we were told about 12 weeks so we still have a few weeks left to go.

it's just so frustrating not knowing what is happening

good luck with the process

dina:cute:

Guest taffgmg

I got my Spouse Visa last Wednesday. Sent Visa application in on 4th April. Sent police checks about the 22nd and had mu medical done on 28th April. Medicals took about nine working days to get to oz House who promptly lost them until about the 23rd May. They then referred the medicals to Australia for whatever reasons. They stated they received them on the 26th May and I eventually received the visa on as I said this last week.

Was getting a bit stressful as we are due to complete on the house sale on 11th July and my wife cant travel after the 29th July as she is pregnant.

Guest dinawayneandkids

well done you good luck with your move and baby good to hear some one has got a visa we should only be a few more weeks but they do seem to have trouble finding your meds don't they do they e-mail you ring you write or wot

good luck once again dina:)

Guest dinawayneandkids

well the wait is over waynes visa came today so we are off to book flights tomorrow hopefully leaving uk on the 18th august is anyone else going then?

so excited now only 7 weeks to go and so much to do:arghh:

still we are so happy:)

Guest cazzie

Hello Dina,

It's great reading your posts and seeing that you have your visas - well done you! Good luck for your August flights - you will be gone next month - wow! I am still biting my nails everyday, just waiting, waiting...

Please would you answer a query if you know the answer that is! - If there is a query on any part of the visa - ie; we had to have a medical done for my son who is nearly 18 and not going to Oz - a month after I had my medical done - will this have halted the whole process until his medical is cleared? Also, how do we know exactly who our case officer is? I am assuming it is the person who has sent me emails from immigration, but the words 'case officer' are not apparent. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Dina,

from Cazzie

Guest dinawayneandkids

Hi we had an e-mail from london saying the forms had been recieved and how long we had to get the rest of the information in and what extra info they needed this had our file number on and our case officer, have another check over all your e-mails and ring them we did a few times when we weren't sure of things they were always help full:jiggy:best of luck dina

Guest cazzie

Thanks Dina. I have just checked old emails - they have a number OSF2008/then a number and (Unclassified) so I guess that means no case officer yet - Oh God! I don't think I can bear the tension. There is a named person and the email does state that they want to process ASAP but the words 'case officer' are not there. Maybe I will give them a call, but I have seen on other threads advice NOT to call them as it may irritate and ensure it goes to the bottom of the pile! Thankfully, the email does state that processing is 12 weeks from the date of application so that is good and hopefully true. Thanks again for all of your help - I guess you won't have much time for this now - you must be madly busy but happy. Cazzie

Guest motlyman

I think we hold the record for spouses visa.

We got ours in 9 days. (was 2 years ago though) not sure what its like now.

Good luck with it;)

Colin

Guest cazzie

Thanks for letting me know. Lucky you. Can you remember whether you had the words 'case officer' written on your correspondence? Cheers. Cazzie

Guest dinawayneandkids

yes it said they had recieved application gave us osf2008/number and then case officers name and said to deal with her direct have you rang them yet!:err:

Guest cazzie

Hello there Dina,

You haven't seen my brand new thread yet then? Our visa came tonight!!!!!! I am ecstatic! So very, very happy and the flights are booked for August 30th. See you in Adelaide! Cazzie x

Guest dinawayneandkids

well done when will you be flying what part are you going to live in we are hoping to be near banksia park near to family if we ever find a rental:arghh: