495 - Important Tax File Number Info

Guest Amelia&Fred

Guest Amelia&Fred

Hello 495/potential 495 visa people...

We recently arrived in Adelaide and applied for our tax file numbers... they came through as "non-resident" status... which means you pay more tax. This is a computer error... if you go in to the tax office (91, Waymouth Street), they'll change it for you to "resident" status.

Hope that helps!

Amelia and Fred

http://www.funkeldink.com

Guest stufi1997

I phoned the tax office and if you write to them they'll change it, But they told me it's ok just to sign the declaration for your employer that you're resident for tax purposes when you fill in the tax file forms for employment. Don't actually need to get it changed on the bit of paper they said. Fiona

Guest melbourneben

I think im still classed as a non resident however when I started my current job 8 months ago I selected resident on my tax form and ever since iver paid standard tax.

remember if your in aus for more than 6 months your classed as a resident for tax purposes.