It's finally moved on a whopping two days!

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya,

My usual Tuesday morning routine..logging onto pc and sending off the aspc pro forma. And it's finally moved on a whopping two days!! Considering it's been stuck on 10th November for what feels like months this seems like a positive break through :jiggy:

Here's what it says...

e-lodged Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) applications

Subclass 495: all applications are now allocated to case officers

Applications Lodged After 1 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE, VF,VB and Class VC subclass 487

Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, and 487

E-lodged: 12 November 2007

Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VC subclass 485 only

E-lodged: 12 November 2007

Paper lodged: 19 September 2007

WOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooot :jiggy:

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
This is so depressing! 475's are a long delay and we haven't even sent ours off yet. No hope of going this year. :-(

My hubbie didn't seem to excited this morning when I told him...he just shrugged his shoulders.

I think if we wait till next Tuesday and if it's moved again..then they're working on them. I've defo taken heart that somethings happened.

I think I read on here a wee while ago that they weren't touching the e-lodged till they'd finished with the backlog of paper based applications..so maybe that's the case now..and they've moved onto e-lodged again.

Sigh..tiz all speculation and it'll happen when it happens..but I'm still more chipper about it today.

Looking back some folk seem to whiz through....so you could be one of the lucky ones..maybe now is the best time to apply as they're moving on.

Ta ta for now

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
hi carol ann i can NEVER EVER understand what they are on about with the visas

my husband has tried to explain it to me :realmad:

what do this mean we sent our visa on-line in very early february is there hope for us?:(

when did you send yours?

thanks suexxx

Hi there,

We e-lodged our application on 29th November. So it's currently sitting on someones desk while they work away on the e-applications lodged on 12th November..so we've got another 17 days till they reach ours..assuming they don't stop processing..which they have done for what feels like months now.

So basically if you lodged in February, there are 3 months worth of applications before you at the moment :-( eeeeeee..didn't really enjoy saying that..honest. BUT..it's moving..so it could go fast now..but I'm an eternal optimist..lol.

Catch you later

Carol Ann

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Carol Ann,

Exactly the same as you every Tuesday morning send the e-mail and wait the reply, my GOD two whole days! Well thats something I suppose!!!!

We e-lodged on 19th Nov so 7 days away from a case officer according to the response. But we had an e-mail on 6th May saying we were now with decision maker as no more paper work was required we had bypassed case officer, so it makes you wonder what is going on.

Now everyday I log into https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa enter my TRN number and other details, just to read those words "Application being processed further":arghh:

This is really frustrating :arghh::realmad:

Sue, If you lodged early Feb your about three months behind us and yes there is hope for you. When you see us get ours start counting 2-3 months and hey presto!

Good luck to all those waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting :SLEEP:

Guest Django

Keep with it people it will happen. Word is that once this month is out of the way then things will start moving fair quickly. The working year starts on 1st July and the reason nothing is happening is that quotas for 2007-2008 have been met so no new visas are being processed. Once the new year starts and visas are again processed the backlog will soon shorten.

Pete

Guest sprayer
Keep with it people it will happen. Word is that once this month is out of the way then things will start moving fair quickly. The working year starts on 1st July and the reason nothing is happening is that quotas for 2007-2008 have been met so no new visas are being processed. Once the new year starts and visas are again processed the backlog will soon shorten.

Pete

I've read the same thing on other sites, so fingers crossed after 1st July they wizz through and it speeds up.

xxx

Lets hope so. Roll on 1st July!! Ours was lodged 26th November and we've not heard a thing since either, only to say it's been received. It's been a long long wait, in fact we were just starting to think that perhaps the whole thing was just a dream!!

Nicky

Guest The Angus Clan
My hubbie didn't seem to excited this morning when I told him...he just shrugged his shoulders.

I think if we wait till next Tuesday and if it's moved again..then they're working on them. I've defo taken heart that somethings happened.

I think I read on here a wee while ago that they weren't touching the e-lodged till they'd finished with the backlog of paper based applications..so maybe that's the case now..and they've moved onto e-lodged again.

Sigh..tiz all speculation and it'll happen when it happens..but I'm still more chipper about it today.

Looking back some folk seem to whiz through....so you could be one of the lucky ones..maybe now is the best time to apply as they're moving on.

Ta ta for now

Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann

Glad you have made a bit of progress!!!! The whole system just really confuses me! At least you will be there before us , that's a cert! Still waiting on sponsorship and if that is rejected , looks like Tasmania or the Northern territories!!!!!!!!!!! (just how desperate are we to leave UK? Time will tell!!). Good luck - will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!:)

Marcia

Guest Taylors08
Lets hope so. Roll on 1st July!! Ours was lodged 26th November and we've not heard a thing since either, only to say it's been received. It's been a long long wait, in fact we were just starting to think that perhaps the whole thing was just a dream!!

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Just read your timelines.. You lodged on the 26/11/07 and havent heard a thing.. Thats a hell of a long time.. Have you done your meds or police check?? Its just we are about to apply for a 175 visa, hubby is doing vetassess on 15th July so as we get the results from that we were gonna lodge it, i knew it would take awhile but didnt realise that long.. NIGHTMARE!!!

Kelly:arghh:

Hi Kelly

According to our agent we're on schedule. Apparently the 175 pathway can take up to 12 months to come through, possibly because it's the most popular route. We haven't had our medicals yet. We were going to get them done because I suppose it felt like at least something was happening but our agent advised us against it until we got our case officer - which we're still waiting for! I'm pleased we have waited though, seeing how long its taking to get a CO. If we did our meds/pcs a couple of months back as we were originally going to do we'd be losing that time the other end as they're only valid for a year and we mightn't get our visas through until Oct/Nov time. That wouldn't leave us much time to sell our house!

It does seem like we've been waiting forever and a day though but I know there are plenty of others in the same boat (I'm not sure if that's any consilation or not). We've just to hang in there and one of these days we'll get that letter/phone call!!

Nicky

Guest Taylors08

Hey Nicky.

Did you do the Vetassess skills assessment?? Oh well i'll just have to get my head around stopping at work longer and saving some money!! It must be nice knowing that your wait is almost over, your nearer the end!! Im so impatient and hate waiting, i come on here most nights now and read everyones stories.. Have you been before? And what made you choose Adelaide??

Kelly

Guest Lulujim

Sue, If you lodged early Feb your about three months behind us and yes there is hope for you. When you see us get ours start counting 2-3 months and hey presto!

Good luck to all those waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting :SLEEP:

That is a good positive thought .. let's hope next week it's moved on again and then we can actually have a better idea of when we are likely to get the visa.

Extremely frustrating - but worth it I hope!!