Are we alone

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

We applied for visa via an agent on 14th August 2007 and it is still not granted. That's over 10 months:arghh:

I know there is a rumor that all visa have been granted for the year 07-08 and the new year starts July 1st but was wondering is there anyone else still waiting from last August or before

Am getting really p****d off:sad:

Guest stufi1997

I would chase that up I think....on other sites they're getting visas granted who applied in October!!

What does your agent say? Good Luck Fiona

Guest caoimhe

The agent has sent DIAC 3 emails and the only reply he is getting is that the are inundated with queries and it will be passed to the relevant office as soon as they can :arghh:

He was the one who told us about the rumor that they have all been allocated for the year

Guest The2ofus

Hi,

No you are NOT alone, I am following a link on britihs expats for aug 07. We lodged 17th august and are still waiting too.

Like you are lives are on hold, soooo fed up considered cancelling !! our agent says we must be 95% the way there, and yes i have heard the rumours about 1st july and am beginning to think they are true or should i say HOPE !!

the2ofus

45 going on 40 !!

we live in hope !

Guest caoimhe

Thanks I'm glad to know someone else is still waiting then maybe I can believe we haven't been forgotten about or worse still turned down but they haven't bothered to tell us yet!!!

You are definitely not alone. There's probably thousands of August applicants still waiting. We applied on the 17th of August and do have a case officer who requested everything to be in by 24th June. We were surprised as we are one caught up in the capital investment issue. Conversely, my brother/sister in law applied on the 28th of August and have heard nothing. Officially they are still only appointing case officers for pre-1st sept applicants for those who were received in June so who knows. It is hard, as we have refused to put the house on the market. Although some will say that's unwise - we love our house - and if we are staying we want to stay here. Given the capital investment issue we weren't willing to take the risk. Roll on new visa year! Our agent says there will be a flurry of last minute grants on Monday to make up the exact number in the quota for the year (there have been a few this week) and then for us we hope there will be a July 1st legislative decision re: those of us stuck in the investment issue. Then who knows!

Liz

Guest dempseys

hi there!!

we applied sep'07 and finally got our visa's granted yesterday!! we heard that rumour aswell and werent expecting it, might be worth while contacting your agent again, we absolutley stalked ours.

hope your not waiting that much longer.

macky

Guest karenuk

hi

were still waiting to ,we applied mid august,asked in April to send of police check documents

nothing since:arghh:

so your not alone

cant be much longer now,but having said that we are having the nightmare of selling our house at the mo almost 3 months and 2 viewings and so say it's not going to get better,so even if we get visa granted theres no guarantee with the house market the way it is we will get there before the year to use visa is up,my haidresser who emigrates in 3 weeks to Brisbane has had her house on the market since last christmas ended up renting it,but thats not even an option for us;

finding it so hard to get exciited about it at the mo:(

Guest The2ofus

We have no case officer yet. All we have had is an acknowledgement 6th feb. We did medicals and pcc in jan08.

I am addicted to email checking now.

absolutely agree with the dempseys - stalk your agents

i heard the quota was full but this is not true as someone else said people on other sites are having 175,s issued - i was told by my agent that once you have a case officer it is anything from 2-8 weeks b4 getting visa issued

PHONE YOUR AGENTS - YOU ARE PAYING THEM GOOD MONEY

also if you go onto www.british-expats-australianvisatimeline this will give you an idea of how long people wait to have visas issued after being assigned a case officer

very best of luck and keep us posted

Guest KP Nuts

Hi there, no you are not alone, we logged back in Aug but were lucky to get our's back in May, but I'm running a thread on PIO at the moment for August people and there are still 21, but two people did get theirs yesterday....

I think you will hear next week come 1st July....

Fingers cross for you

KP Nuts

Guest The2ofus

Thanks for the encouragement !

Yes I do beleive there is SOME truth in this 1st July thing

Yes it is unfair that lots of Sept Oct and Nov applicants got visas before the august ones got a decision !

Yes also it is a shame for our agents who gave us all time scales which are now severely elongaged due to the mass of applicants in August.

Yes its is surely against human rights to treat people like this and DIAC should give us proper timescales themselves and a time limit, as it is not fair to treat peopl in this manner !!

Soo jealous Irish Gal, looking forward to your first proper tale of adelaide.

One of my main worries now after getting there, which flight etc is where DO we stay until we get a rental ???

Good day to you all abd fingers crossed for next week xxxx:)

Guest caoimhe

Spoke to our agent that said some Case Officer's at DIAC have confirmed they will not be granting visa until 1st July

He also reckons our's may have been held up because we changed the kids passports, and that our meds would only have been finalised in May which is when they started slowing down on granting visa's. Just seems like one bl***y excuse after another.

When our's is granted it will have to be validated by 26th Feb as that was the date on the police checks and we were told not to do anything irrevocable like selling the house until we get the visa (although we do have it on the market) so when they finally grant it they are not giving us much time to sell and move, you would think they would have a better system:arghh:

Ok rant over but be warned I may be back after the 1st July to rant some more:skeptical:

Guest The2ofus

Hi

I agree 20 months and i would die !

we started last feb 07 and lodged 17th aug, now in our 11th month !!!!!!

Wish we could just find out next week and get on with our lives.

Anyway its sat night, nice glass wine, nice indian curry made by lovely hubby and fingers crossed for next week !!

:notworthy::confused: Please DIAC us next

Just re-reading this thread and am wondering when the weekly e-mail thing (you know - the one thats tells you the dates of applications they are currently working on) gets updated. I know its, weekly, but which day? Sent it off yesterday and still got the same date (12th Nov 07) back. Hoping it picks up asap - only applied last weekend so I know all you lot need to get yours before they even look at ours!!

We have had an e-mail (auto acknowledgement) from DIAC with our TRN etc. What should I wait for next? Will it be medical requests/ police checks or something else?

Thanks

You are not alone - we are so disillusioned by the whole thing that we consider giving up, every day is a struggle. Friends and colleagues think there is something wrong with our application as they all seem to know somebody who got their visa in 3 months!

Agent and I are fed up with each other. We have been off this site for nearly six weeks as we were so down about the whole thing. The BEupdate site is also demoralising to see all the people with case officers/visas.

No news since a reference number in Feb! On 23rd July it will be 11 months. We have paid DIAC AU$2000 for a service we are not getting!!

Still mustn't grumble - the weather over the last few days provides a nice reminder why we are putting ourselves through hell!

Guest caoimhe
You are not alone - we are so disillusioned by the whole thing that we consider giving up, every day is a struggle. Friends and colleagues think there is something wrong with our application as they all seem to know somebody who got their visa in 3 months!

Agent and I are fed up with each other. We have been off this site for nearly six weeks as we were so down about the whole thing. The BEupdate site is also demoralising to see all the people with case officers/visas.

No news since a reference number in Feb! On 23rd July it will be 11 months. We have paid DIAC AU$2000 for a service we are not getting!!

Still mustn't grumble - the weather over the last few days provides a nice reminder why we are putting ourselves through hell!

Hi Bic

Since I started this thread a few weeks the visa has come through. We only got it last Tuesday (1st July). we lodged 14th August so maybe you will not be far behind us. Good luck

Guest The2ofus

hi bic, your situation mirrors ours !! dates are same etc, sold house etc. We emailed our agent mid June to say we are giving up and he persuaded us to hang on as we would get a decision within 8 weeks which takes us up to mid august when we lodged our application. Yes it IS demoralising and we are in limbo and its is doing my husbands head in !!! I have not even heard of anyone with a 495 SIR who lodged about mid august getting a case officer or visa have you ???????

Just re-reading this thread and am wondering when the weekly e-mail thing (you know - the one thats tells you the dates of applications they are currently working on) gets updated. I know its, weekly, but which day? Sent it off yesterday and still got the same date (12th Nov 07) back. Hoping it picks up asap - only applied last weekend so I know all you lot need to get yours before they even look at ours!!

Just wondering if you could give me the website or address for the "weekly e-mail thing - the one that tells you the dates of applications they are working on". Didn't know there was such a thing but I'm sure it would be useful to have it.

Many thanks

Wendy