its so frustrating

Guest Tiddlypush

Guest Tiddlypush

Im only at the beginning of the process and already its driving me mad. In order to have my skills assessed as a midwife and nurse, the Australian nursing board want proof of the modules taken etc. Well thats ok if you didn't train before universities and computors took over. Have to wait and find out whether such documents exists if not then what? This is all before I can apply for my visa. How am I going to cope? Does any one have any ideas how to speed this initial process up? :arghh:

Guest Trakki

Hiya, contact the NMC and ask for a transcript of your training. This is all they want for the skill assessment. I did project 2000 and wasn't attached to a Uni at the start o my training, we joined half way through but my original college didn't exist anymore and the uni had no record as we weren't with them straight away. The NMC are a nightmare but did eventually sort it, it does cost but not much.

HTH and if I can help in anyway just shout

My Mum (nurse) was able to get hers from Uni but I know there was an option to get a transcript from the NMC.

Sorry to disappoint but as far as stress goes, this is only the beginning! It has taken us 6 months to apply what with having to get so much info together. It's very frustrating. But just be aware that we are all in the same boat and it's not just you! Good luck xxx