Hi new to this site

Guest woj

Hi I'm new to this site, found it via PiO!!

Just a few quick questions!

Is there plenty of industry in adelaide as my job is a maintenance fitter.

How difficult/easy would it be for mrs to get a job as a teaching assistant or or something along those lines?

Would Adelaide be ok for a young couple (24 & 25) or is it more suited to families?

I know it probably gets asked all the time but what kinda income before tax would see us ok in Adelaide? i.e. to pay bills, mortgage, car and have some disposable income for a couple of nights out per month?

And last one, if you are in Adelaide now, how do you like it compared to the UK, and why did u choose it above other places in Oz?

Thanks =o)

Guest Nick11
Hi I'm new to this site, found it via PiO!!

Just a few quick questions!

Is there plenty of industry in adelaide as my job is a maintenance fitter.

How difficult/easy would it be for mrs to get a job as a teaching assistant or or something along those lines?

Would Adelaide be ok for a young couple (24 & 25) or is it more suited to families?

I know it probably gets asked all the time but what kinda income before tax would see us ok in Adelaide? i.e. to pay bills, mortgage, car and have some disposable income for a couple of nights out per month?

And last one, if you are in Adelaide now, how do you like it compared to the UK, and why did u choose it above other places in Oz?

Thanks =o)

Welcome to pia

Loads of jobs going for maintenance fitters - but none at all for teaching assistants. Lots of work for team leaders though in childrens centres.

Hard to know what's a good income - depends on your mortgage etc.

However with both of you working I'm sure you'll be fine.

Agree with Nick but would also add that Adelaide isn't really as "happening" as say, Sydney or Brisbane. I honestly think it's more for families than young couples but then I haven't been inside a nightclub since about 1985! I suppose it depends on what kind of life and nightlife you're looking for. Welcome to PIA by the way!

Guest stufi1997

Would just like to add my welcome and agree with the opinions already....not nearly as happening a city as Brisbane or Cairns for young couples, in fact Stuart's cousin found it very dull to go out in while he was backpacking, but then that's singles. Good luck wherever you end up Fiona

Agree with Nick but would also add that Adelaide isn't really as "happening" as say, Sydney or Brisbane. I honestly think it's more for families than young couples but then I haven't been inside a nightclub since about 1985! I suppose it depends on what kind of life and nightlife you're looking for. Welcome to PIA by the way!

I agree adelaide has a lot to offer families. However we are a young couple without children and have found adelaide has lots to offer. We have lots do every weekend and have never once been bored. There are loads of great pubs, restaurents and fun things to do for young couples. I think Adelaide has lots to offer people of all ages and circumstances. Good luck with the process.