police checks and meds

Guest hel&sam

Guest hel&sam

getting a bit confused, nothing new there then!, on the online visa app, it says to submit police checks within 28 days of lodging visa application? am i reading this right? dont want to submit police checks and meds til november because i cant get over there to validate until next october (possibly august at a push) but then other places it states not to submit these until you are asked for them? does someone ask for these when you submit an online application?

is the website deliberately confusing or is it just me. ? on reflection dont answer that bit.

Help :arghh:

Hi our Visa (475) was lodged in feb, phoned agent on Thur to say still have not heard a word, and they told us that they are still processing Visas from Oct and November 2007. We was advised if we want to front load meds and police checks we can but get them booked in for about September time. If we had done meds in March like we wanted we would have lost about 6 months validation time if you see what i mean.

Guest deborah
getting a bit confused, nothing new there then!, on the online visa app, it says to submit police checks within 28 days of lodging visa application? am i reading this right? dont want to submit police checks and meds til november because i cant get over there to validate until next october (possibly august at a push) but then other places it states not to submit these until you are asked for them? does someone ask for these when you submit an online application?

is the website deliberately confusing or is it just me. ? on reflection dont answer that bit.

Help :arghh:

We lodged a 175 on line in May 2008 and we took the view that if it is asking for them to be done in 28 days which is the police check and defacto stuff then we should do as asked. However our meds were done in May but not yet finalised due to waitng for some test results and letters from consultants which means that they would be finalised around sept. If visa is granted by end of year then we would only have until may 20th 2009 to validate which concerns me. But communication with the dept is difficult so here is hoping that we have done the right thing.

You can guarantee that if we hadn't done as asked that we would have been in trouble!!

:v_SPIN:

hiya

just wanted to tell of our experience - we applied through an agent for a 175 which was submitted in dec07, we waited til our agent advised us to forward our meds and police checks before doing so but it could well be that things have changed as their rules quite often do.

i would point out that you said police checks needed to be forwarded within the 28 days and not the medicals (this may make sense as i think validation is 1yr from the meds) just beware that our police dept needed up to 40 days from application to issue these documents. they may well come through sooner but just be cautious.

hope this helps and good luck

sjs

Guest deborah

I thought that the validation date was from which one came first i.e. police checks or meds as the police checks are only valid for a year I think.

Ours only took 7 days.

Guest stufi1997

On the PR 175 visa I was advised by the Immigration Dept. in Adelaide to wait until the police clearances and medicals were requested, because of the long waiting times for this visa.....that was when I phoned last week.

We waited for the meds to be requested last year when we applied for our SIR495 and frontloaded our police checks(only £10 each if in worst case you have to repeat them) that's why we only had until 14th July 2008 to get here.....you have to enter the country within 1 year of police checks or meds whichever you do first, Fiona

Guest deborah

oh so we could have the police checks repeated if worse comes to worse as you say they were only cheap. At least that way it gives us more time as meds not finalised yet.

Debs

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you know that the police checks have now gone up to £35 each! Agent has just sent me ours to fill in.

Sharron