Vetassess

Guest Taylors08

This is my first post!

Been reading all the threads for quite a while.

There has been lots of interesting stuff and thought its about time we joined in.

I did the Vetassess test on Monday in Accrington for Plumbing.

The day was very nerve racking for me as i have not done anything like this for a long time.

The examiners who took the test did all they could to put me at ease with out doing to much.

Its very hard to give any pointers for anyone doing the test.

I will try and find this post to update you to how i did...

Rob

Guest skellysgirl

hi Rob

Welcome, im sure everone else will be saying the same they seem nice on here

im currently going through, vetassess too but im not a trade so dont have practical, im impatiently checking the site every day tho

you seem very keen,

Guest Taylors08

Hi Louise,

We are all great thanks, just awaiting the results from Vetassess.. We have filled out the paper copy of our visa application to add online as soon as the results come, (fingers crossed all been well!!) How are you getting on?? Are you doing Vetassess in oct??

Kelly

Guest skellysgirl

i dont have to do a practical, as im not a trade, well i dont think i do

things are going good, just getting house ready for sale now,trying to put a new bathroom suite & utility room in and decorate kids bedrooms and hall in space of 6 weeks , oh plus garage door

gonna print off SA sponsorship forms when i get time just to practise, im also working on a whole load of stuff at work in prep

i feel like my heads gonna explode with the amount of things to remember, i tend to work at my best when there is pressure on

what visa are you looking at

and i take it your doing the practical this week, is it you or the hubby doing it ?

Guest Taylors08

Hi, Yeah i know what you mean i work better under pressure too, thats the only way i seem to work as i always put things off then it ends up being a big rush!!! OH did vetassess last tue, hes a plumber. We're going for a 175 visa but waiting for the results from vetassess first.. Our house is also up for sale, once we get the results from vetassess all been well we're reducing it in the hope of a sale, the markets a mess at the moment, i wish we had the funds to rent it out for a few years then try.. Ah well... Good luck with getting your house finished and your visa.. Keep me updating..

Kelly x

Guest Taylors08
hmmmm, a plumber....does he work for a company or self employed, i need a bathroom suite fitting soon thats all

Hiya,

He works for a company but thats just mainly insurance work but he can come and have a look on own his own, if you want? Is it a straight bathroom swap or you moving things around?? Your not far away from us.

Kelly x

Guest skellysgirl

its bath, sink, toilet, shower and cubicle, all in the same place

there is also a new towel radiator, in the same place but the new one may be slightly smaller.

and i can handle the tiles etc its mainly just the main fit

Guest Taylors08
its bath, sink, toilet, shower and cubicle, all in the same place

there is also a new towel radiator, in the same place but the new one may be slightly smaller.

and i can handle the tiles etc its mainly just the main fit

Sounds like a straight forward job, he a good plumber and quick.. Want him to come round have a look for you??

kelly x

Hi,

My OH had his practical last Monday for carpentry. Says the assessor (Norm) was great, really helpful and put him at ease. Thinks the practical went well - only time will tell though! Was told it would take about 10 days to find out the results:goofy:

Wish anyone who has done theirs this last couple of weeks (whatever the trade) all the very best and fingers crossed for us all.

Kim x

Hiya Kim,

Hope all goes well for the practical, i'm sure it will be fine, let me know. Bet your dead excited!!

Jo

Hi Jo

Don't worry will let you know what happens - soo can't wait to hear how he's got on - its another step closer!! (excited - blimey think I might pee my pants when I finally hear :biglaugh:).

Take care, catch up soon.

Kim xx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Taylors08

Hi,

We only got our result on fri the 1st August and my OH did his vetassess on the 15th, the letter was also dated the 29th. They dont seem to rush at letting you know!! We tried ringing and emailing but they wouldnt say..

Good luck for your results.

Kelly x

The news is good!

My agent rang up this morning with the best news i could of heard...

"Your Vetassess results have come through and you have passed"

I took the test on the 14th of July and today is 12th August.

Thats a total of 29 days....

Is this a record?

Oh well at least things seem to be moving in the correct direction.

Rob and Mel

The news is good!

My agent rang up this morning with the best news i could of heard...

"Your Vetassess results have come through and you have passed"

WOOOHOOO - Well done Rob - finally! Feels flippin good doesn't it! :jiggy:

All the best with getting your visa in.

Kim and George x