Can my OH speak English????

Guest The Angus Clan

Guest The Angus Clan

Hi all - having a frustrating day ( "join the club" I hear you say!). Spent most of weekend filling in visa forms and submitted to agent yesterday, thinking that was us. Got a mail back saying OH has to do the ELT test to get enough points - all news to us:arghh: Worse still , the next test date is 30th August (all Scottish centres!) so does that mean we have to delay application for 6 weeks , or is this something that can be attached at a later date , like the police checks and medicals? Have mailed agent but was wanting a quicker reply than tomorrow am!! Does anybody know how it works? :confused:

Thanks a lot

Marcia

Guest The Angus Clan
All supporting documents can be attached at a later date so no worries.;)

Pete

Thanks Pete! ( I am gonna be hopeless during this process- no patience!!) Hope all your plans are coming together nicely!

Marcia

Guest The Angus Clan
All supporting documents can be attached at a later date so no worries.;)

Pete

Hey Pete , you're a star! Agent mailed this am - gonna submit visa without test results and add on later. I was worried cos the tests count towards our points , unlike meds and police checks. Thought they would just throw it out because of lack of points!! Anyway, OH has now got to get his head around going back to school! Aug 30th should be D Day!! Cheers , Marcia:jiggy:

Guest Django

Its the decission maker that throws it out if all the info isn't there and they don't get to see it until the CO is happy with the application. If the CO looks at it they will ask you at attach the document and they normally give you 28 days or so to do so. With this in mind you should have the test attached before a CO is assigned to your application.

Pete

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh::biglaugh:Frustraiting........frustrating.....frustrating is getting rained off work ......when you live here ......Adelaide that is i didn't come all this way to get rained off its like being in the bloody Wetlands all over again....!!!!!!;);).

Cheers Graham

Guest The Angus Clan
Tell your hubby to do some practice tests on this website: http://www.scottsenglish.com/ielts/pages/home.asp

They are much harder than the actual tests ( acedemic IELTS) so by the time he sits the real test he will find it a doddle.

Thanks for the advice - it seems ridiculous that a graduate , native English speaker should have to sit tests , but hey , if it gets us there...!! Good luck with your app!:)

Guest The Angus Clan
:biglaugh::biglaugh:Frustraiting........frustrating.....frustrating is getting rained off work ......when you live here ......Adelaide that is i didn't come all this way to get rained off its like being in the bloody Wetlands all over again....!!!!!!;)

Cheers Graham

Aw Graham!........poor you! I would ask DIAC for money back!!!;)