Flights UK to Adelaide.

sueoc

hi,we are about to book our flights for late august.Me,hubby and 2 sons 16 and 18.Anyone give us some tips on who to choose,what route to take literally and figuratively(ie internet ,travel agent etc,which airline?We will be flying out from manchester,how long will the journey take?Basically we need the best deal to get us there,anyone help please,thanks,all the best,Sue.

I have found this comparison website very handy for checking out fares to Adelaide. http://www.australiatravelmarket.com/flights-to-australia/

As mentioned in numerous earlier posts, Singapore, Malaysian, Cathay Pacific and Quantas all fly into Adelaide, and as you mention you are hoping to fly at the end of August, you may have some difficulty finding flights at this short notice.

Be aware that there are numerous other flights into other airports, Sydney, Perth & Melbourne, and you can catch a connecting flight from arrival airport to Adelaide with Quatas or Virgin Blu. I would say that if this is the only option, then allow plenty of time to change flights, as it can take 2-3 hours to get through immigration and customs and often change terminals, and you will start to panic about missing any connecting flights if you do not allow this time.

Don't forget Emirates and Royal Brunei who fly into Perth, and one of the American airlines fly via Los Angeles.

Whatever most flights take up to 22 - 24 hours, and if you can do a stopover in the Far East for at least 1 night, it will help you to adjust to the time difference when you land, when you will need your wits about you.

We wish you every success and a good flight.

the good thing about singapore airlines is it flies direct frm manchester to singapore, other airlines will leave manchester but fly via heathrow, Paris or somewhere else in Europe. This adds to the length of the journey. Manchester to Singapore usually 13 1/2 hrs. You land about 6am. The flight on to Adelaide leaves about 1130pm and takes about 7 hrs so you land about 9am in Adelaide, there is about 2 hrs time difference between Singapore and here. During your 18 hrs in Singapore it is possible to book a transit hotel room for a block of hours to get horizontal and shower. You can also book onto a city tour. Some people do break the journey with a stopover.

If you fly with Cathay Pacific, its much the same, but you fly via Hong Kong instead, which is about 10 hrs away from here.

Guest Alipally

We're off at the beginning of September. We've opted to go via the States, not for cost reasons but for the extra baggage allowance (46kg) and the opportunity to go to Hawaii and NZ before landing in Adelaide. We're planning on taking 12 days to get there.

We'll be booking the flights tomorrow, and we reckon on it costing around £800 each one way!

I guess it depends on how you want to arrive... Which voted Singapore as the best airline, from a passenger point of view, Air New Zealand featured around 3rd or 4th.

I booked our's through Thomas Cook. There website is quite good as it shops around for you and show's you all flights available in price ascending order.

However I had vouchers so had to book over the phone with them. The good thing was they did it cheaper than on the net!

Flew with Singapore to Adelaide with a 3 day stopover.

Andy

Hi,

We used singapore airline's and went via singapore and found this to be a quick route to adelaide. We booked on the airlines own website and were allowed double the luggage allowance. However our entertainment system broke on the way here and this made the time drag. We had nine hours in the transit hotel which i can fully recommend.

Kris

Guest marty
hi,we are about to book our flights for late august.Me,hubby and 2 sons 16 and 18.Anyone give us some tips on who to choose,what route to take literally and figuratively(ie internet ,travel agent etc,which airline?We will be flying out from manchester,how long will the journey take?Basically we need the best deal to get us there,anyone help please,thanks,all the best,Sue.

Singapore is the better way from Manchester I have done it on BA, Qantas and Jal (all via Heathrow0 and a couple of times with Sing, last year I went from Manchester and less crowded than Heathrow