• Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Port Noarlunga
      5 times

      When to sell the house !!!

      Hi there,

      We are still in the very early stages of the 495 visa, just waiting to hear back from vetassess, but so many of you have put your houses on the market and sold them so early on. Do you think if you get accepted by the SA Gov Sponsership it is safe to put your house up for sale. Is your visa pretty much guaranteed at this point ?? (as long as the PC's and Meds are ok.) Just want to know how quick you would recommed putting the house on the market.


      Suzi and Matt

    2. #2
      The Bowmans
      Hi Matt & Suzi

      I guess the answer is, put it on the market when it's right for you. From everything we have read/know, the process for a 495 visa should take no more than 6 months from application to grant. Provided everything is straightforward and assuming meds and pcs are ok, then there should be no reason why a visa isn't granted.

      We waited until our meds were finalised and our pcs came back ok/went off ok before we put ours on the market. We just want to be in a position to go as soon as possible so selling the house seemed like the right thing to do. Also, we didn't want to have to fork out for this ludicrous sellers pack, meaning the house had to be on the market before end of May.

      Good luck - whatever you decide.


    3. #3

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      239 times

      We are going on a SIR495 and we put our house on the market the same time that we applied for vetasses....that was in july and we sold and moved out in jan.........

      ....our agents advised us to wait until we had our goverment sponsorship - but we decided to risk it - but it takes ages to sell and if we hadnt got spnsorship, then probably would have been able to pull out at some stage.

      Its all turned out for the best for us - we moved into rented injan and got our visas in April........once you have sponsorship, then unless you have some major medical problem then you'll be fine........

      We're now in a good position....just clearing things ready for the big move in august.

      If you need any more info - let me know

      Chris, Sarah, Molly & Phoebe - Arrived in Adelaide 21st August 2007, Living in Moana

    4. #4
      we put our house on the market as soon as we got govt sponsorship and sold it 3 weeks later. we wanted to be in a position to be able to leave as soon as we had the visas. we left uk 3 days after receiving the passports back and have never looked back.

      Its entirely up to you but it is not a very good idea to validate a 495 and then go back to UK as the 3 years starts ticking as soon as you arrive in OZ for the first time.


    5. #5

      We put our house on the market just after we out our Visa App in. I think it's up to the individual and how gutted you'd be if you sold your house and didn't get the Visa for some reason. The other is how long will the house take to sell, ours seem's to be taking ages. 1 Offer accepted- Sale fell thru. We'd love to be in a position that if (when) the visa arrives we can leave straight away.




    Similar Threads

    1. to sell before or after??
      By graandjac in forum Welcome
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 02-06-2007, 11:19 AM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums