MEDICALS - WHAT NOW

Guest Jane.Mason

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi All

Just had meds. What do we do now?

Do we check we've passed or wait to here from immigration. Panel Doc didn't say anything. BUT WHAT HAS EVERYONE ELSE DONE.

jANE

Hi ya Jane!

Hope you are well.

We too just waited to hear from our case officer - we had a few problems with our medicals and were really worried, but after a couple of weeks our case officer requested our bond and then gave us our visa...........

sit tight. wont be long.

sarahx

Hi Jane & Family

I hope you are all well

After our medicals we were told to ring back the following week for the results of the blood tests, they took 7 days. The receptionists said no concerns with the results everything was normal.

She then gave me a tracking no & a website to monitor when the meds would arrive in Sydney.

I did this for about 2 wks but the screen never changed so I ended up ringing Page Freight, who couriered them.

They were very embarrassed & told me sometimes the website is not updated & they assured me that the meds had been signed for about 10 days after they left the UK 8)

Then that was it really, the agency did the rest.

Good luck

Angela :D

Guest jen&ian

Hi Jane,

We weren't told to contact anyone either, we just waited for a response from Sydney which seemed to take forever! I think in the end I phoned the surgery to check when they'd been sent, only to receive word from Aus the following day :lol: It was the docs in Nottingham we used how about you?

Jen :D

Guest Jane.Mason

Hi

Jen and Ian - We used Notts Tudor House, very good and no VAT to pay. Just doing the normal nail biting panic and the what if's. Mine seemed to be fine BUT OH had high blood pressure and 3 moles on back that he circled (checked before OK) do i need to book an appointment at Docs to get him checked out ????? (You know what these men are like on their death bed before going to see a doc) What with Abbie and OH the gods i'm sure are plotting against us. :evil:

Paula and Adrian - We have flights booked for 17th July 2007. Hopefully these will be the final move although have got open return on the tickets.

Hi Angela - Hope you all Ok, must meet up again soon.

Jane

We also used Tudor House, very friendly doc who was in the process of migrating to NZ :D

Do you know what at the time I never even noticed what he wrote on the application, I only recall lots of ticks 8) so assumed these were all good & obviously they were 8)

Jane, I am sure you will be fine. Ashley is 'covered' in moles, I know they vary in shapes & sizes, in fact I don't even recall him removing any clothing. It will be ok.

Have you sold the house? I noticed you have flights booked. Who did you book with & was it on-line, we are almost ready to look at flights, survey done last week & buyers happy with it, so things progressing slowly.

Take care

Angela :)

Hi JAne

My OH had blood in his urine and had to repeat 3 times - still the same and has been forwarded onto hospital where hes had various horrible tests...(down below...yuk).....I also had to be referred as they found a lump in my breast....but we were still given the visa before susequent tests....so pretty sure you'll be fine.....

.....its horrible waiting isnt it!?

sarahx

Guest bev_stef

Hi Sarah

Assume they did, but just wanted to say, hope you and your OH tests all came back clear in the end. Keep well and good luck with your move, not long now.

Bev

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lisaanddaz

Hi all

I do not normally post on here, but knowing just what that felt like...the dreaded wait, if it gives anyone an idea...

Our meds were done 11th April

Posted via RM 14th April

Got visa 15th May

And still in shock!!!!!!!

Good luck to you all and try not to stress, I did and it didn't make visa any quicker, just me grey!!!!

It soon comes along..

Lisa x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Ashtons

Hi Jane,

We had to phone the surgery up 1 week later and told everything was o.k and it took about 6 weeks to hear back from the agent that our visa was granted won't be long now, we've been here 2 months and i can tell you it's worth all the tears and frustration, once you arrive it will all be a distant memory.

Jane Ashton