Sooooo Frustrated!!!!

Guest Trakki

Guest Trakki

At the moment we are at a stand still with getting out to Oz. I have to get a Transcript of my nurse training from the NMC (Nursing midwifery council) to send off with my application for registration as a nurse in south australia. After that I have to get skills assessed and only then can we apply for a visa. I have been virtually offered a job at the women and chidlrens hospital in Adelaide but cannot do anything about that until I have my registration. The registration alone takes up to 3 months to get so time is ticking on. The NMC are takin forever to send it and whenever I phone to find out how long it will be til I get it I get told that I can't queue jump. I don't want to queue jump I just want to know how long it will be. My baby is due in 10 weeks so we really want to get things moving. (last baby was 7 weeks early)

I don't think Pete (Django) can possibly look anymore up about adelaide and feels frustrated too as we are going out on my job so there is nothing he can do yet!!

Sorry to moan just want to get things moving as I don't want to go to work here for long after my maternity leave as work is really naff at the moment (thats the NHS for you) can't wait to get away.

Tracey

Guest bev_stef

Hi Tracey

:( I'm so sorry your having such trouble getting your registration, it would help if they would just give you a simple answer on timescales. I really don't know much about this field, but try not to worry too much, I'm sure you don't need anymore stress at this stage of pregnancy. You must look after yourself and the little ones. It is frustrating, but take a few breaths and practice childbirth, only joking. I do hope this pregnancy goes longer for you and all is well with you and the baby.

From what I see on this forum, your Pete certainly has done plenty of research and is always very funny with his lines. With a good job like nursing, I'm sure all will come out well in the end and you and your little family will soon be living the dream.

Can't do funny pictures like Pete but try and relax. Let us know when little DJANGO appears. Good Luck with everything. :)

Bev

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Tracey

It must be really frustrating to have to wait so long for something that's a formality, especially when you have the chance of a job in Adelaide.

Bev's right though, you need to put your feet up, relax and now that the footie season is over, Pete will be around every weekend to pander to your every whim!

Fingers crossed you get your registration through soon.

Deena

Guest Django
you need to put your feet up, relax and now that the footie season is over, Pete will be around every weekend to pander to your every whim!

Yeah right :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Aussiebound

Hope you hear soon, we have just sent TRA application off (3 days ago) but it feels like ages.

Hope all goes well with the baby!

Guest CARMEN

HI TRACEY!

I'M A STAFF NURSE AND I'M AT THE SAME STAGE AS YOU, JUST ABOUT TO SEND MY DOCS OFF TO THE ANB, BUT I GOT MY TRANSCRIPT OF TRAINING FROM MY UNIVERSITY LECTURER; COULD YOU DO THE SAME ? MY INFO FROM MY AGENT, GO MATIDA, TOLD ME TO CONTACT THE NMC WHICH I DID AND THEY WILL SEND MY REGISTRATION DETAILS OFF DIRECTLY TO THE ANB. I'M JUST WAITING FOR MY EMPLOYERS REFERENCE AND THEN I'M SENDING THE WHOLE LOT OFF .

HAVE YOU GOT AN AGENT OR ARE YOU GOING SOLO COS YOU'VE GOT TO PUT YOURSELF FIRST, NOT LIKE OUR GOOD OLD FAMILY FRIENDLY NHS - NOT!!

GOOD LUCK!

Guest Trakki

thanks for your message. I tried to get the transcript from my nursing college but they have since joined the university and haven't got them to provide due to it emalgimating so the only way to get it is through the NMC. :? The NMC have already sent the varification to the NBSA so they probably already have that. :x

I am doing it alone as didn't wantto have to pay an agent. Good luck with your application. What nursing do you do? I am a childrens nurse.

thanks again

Tracey

Guest grants

Hi Tracey

I am a midwife and I had my skills assessed by AMNC within 10 weeks and received verification the end of January 2007.

I then sent the visa application end of February and have just had a Case Officer notified on May 10th. They have now requested Medicals which are being completed next week and then hopefully we should have the visa granted. I am applying for a State/Territory Nominated Independant class 137 visa. Are you going on a temporary visa?

I have done all the paper work myself without agents as skills assessment for nurses/midwives is pretty straight forward and it saves you a fortune.

We are hoping to go early January 2008. House on the market at the moment and hopefully will sell soon. :D:D

Jan