• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12
    1. #1

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Adelaide (South Australia)
      Posts
      736
      Liked
      44 times
      Rep

      SIR 475 members......a suggestion!!!

      Just a suggestion so maybe we can keep a track of or just get a better idea of where these visa applications are up to!!!

      As our application was "PAPER" lodged then i won't ask about "E" LODGED applications as it may confuse things!

      How about all those who have made "PAPER" lodgements of subclass "475" (SIR)
      make a PIA posting letting others know when they receive advice that their application has been allocated to a case officer!

      For starters has anyone who "PAPER" lodged in Sept 07 yet been notified?
      Has anyone who lodged in OCT 07 been notified (and so and so on)?

      This may give us "all" still waiting an idea of where we are in the queue!


      Wait to hear from you all hopefully!!!

    2. #2

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      North East
      Posts
      76
      Liked
      1 times
      Rep
      Hiya gill,

      Just reading a thread from KarenUK, she applied for 495 visa 18th August 07 and received visa just last week, the 8th August 08, so nearly 1 year. I know that isn't what you want to hear, it must be sooooo frustrating for you I can't believe. We haven't even started yet but I just want to be there now.

      Anyway fingers crossed. Everytime I log on I check to see if your visa has come through because it does feel like you have been waiting forever!

      Take care.

      Joanne x

    3. #3
      Beth&Martin
      We "paper" lodged our 475 visa on 5th November 2007.

      Our agent sent it by courier on that date and we had confirmation of its receipt on 6th November 2007.

      Not got a case officer yet, and not been asked for our medicals and police checks yet.

      We thought about front loading them but you only have 12 months from the date of medicals (I think) and if you front load and then the visa doesn't come through until, say, 4 months after the medical dates, that only leaves 8 months to get out to Oz and with the (dare I mention it) dreaded house sale saga going on, we decided to give ourselves as much time as possible to sell the house (hopefully)

    4. #4

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Adelaide (South Australia)
      Posts
      736
      Liked
      44 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by JoanneV View Post
      Hiya gill,

      Just reading a thread from KarenUK, she applied for 495 visa 18th August 07 and received visa just last week, the 8th August 08, so nearly 1 year. I know that isn't what you want to hear, it must be sooooo frustrating for you I can't believe. We haven't even started yet but I just want to be there now.

      Anyway fingers crossed. Everytime I log on I check to see if your visa has come through because it does feel like you have been waiting forever!

      Take care.

      Joanne x
      Arr bless you!

      That is so kind you checking to see if we have news of our visa each time you click on PIA!

      But OMG please don't let us wait 12 months like somebody else that you have just told me about!
      I don't think my stress levels will stretch that far!
      We had our police checks sent beginning of Jan this year(08) and Medicals went off May 08!
      So in theory we only have 12 months on our police clearances (Jan 09) to get out there BUT WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE DAM VISA YET.............

    5. #5

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Adelaide (South Australia)
      Posts
      736
      Liked
      44 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Beth&Martin View Post
      We "paper" lodged our 475 visa on 5th November 2007.

      Our agent sent it by courier on that date and we had confirmation of its receipt on 6th November 2007.

      Not got a case officer yet, and not been asked for our medicals and police checks yet.

      We thought about front loading them but you only have 12 months from the date of medicals (I think) and if you front load and then the visa doesn't come through until, say, 4 months after the medical dates, that only leaves 8 months to get out to Oz and with the (dare I mention it) dreaded house sale saga going on, we decided to give ourselves as much time as possible to sell the house (hopefully)
      Can't believe that you haven't been asked to go for Medicals yet or have police checks done!
      Now you have me worried even more you "paper" lodged you application well before us (we PAPER lodged December 17th 07)

      Our agent told us once our medicals went off we should hear 4-6 weeks later so in theory May plus 6 weeks takes us to mid July(ish).
      Okay maybe he was just guessing BUT when you are told an approx date it gives you something to work on!
      I now have the Dilemma of do i start my eldest in High School in the UK come September let alone my other 3 kids into Reception,year 3 and year 5!Had told all of them they wouldn't be going back to school in the UK!
      my main concern is my 11 year old!I would not even start him in High School if it was just a matter of waiting a few more weeks for the visa BUT reading these threads i'm now thinking "what if" we are still in this position Oct/Nov even godforbid December!

    6. #6

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Adelaide (South Australia)
      Posts
      736
      Liked
      44 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by cunnah10 View Post
      Can't believe that you haven't been asked to go for Medicals yet or have police checks done!
      Now you have me worried even more you "paper" lodged you application well before us (we PAPER lodged December 17th 07)

      Our agent told us once our medicals went off we should hear 4-6 weeks later so in theory May plus 6 weeks takes us to mid July(ish).
      Okay maybe he was just guessing BUT when you are told an approx date it gives you something to work on!
      I now have the Dilemma of do i start my eldest in High School in the UK come September let alone my other 3 kids into Reception,year 3 and year 5!Had told all of them they wouldn't be going back to school in the UK!
      my main concern is my 11 year old!I would not even start him in High School if it was just a matter of waiting a few more weeks for the visa BUT reading these threads i'm now thinking "what if" we are still in this position Oct/Nov even godforbid December!
      hope you don't mind ....but i'm bumping this thread back up to the top again before it gets missed!

    7. #7
      macu68
      See you Saturday night, will come round and sort out your stressing with loadsa wine and scoff.

      Mary xx

    8. #8

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      395
      Liked
      61 times
      Rep
      Hold tight Gill there seems to be alot of movement with visa's at the moment yours should hopefully be soon, how is the house sale going by the way and hows your dad.

      Take care.

      Julie

    9. #9

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Adelaide (South Australia)
      Posts
      736
      Liked
      44 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by julie-ruth View Post
      Hold tight Gill there seems to be alot of movement with visa's at the moment yours should hopefully be soon, how is the house sale going by the way and hows your dad.

      Take care.

      Julie
      Hi

      how kind of you to mention my dad......He went into hospital today has heart surgery tomorrow!

      House sale still going through(fingers crossed)although not exchanged contracts yet!

      JUST WISH THE DAM VISA WOULD HURRY UP!!!!!!

    10. #10

      Title
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Adelaide (South Australia)
      Posts
      736
      Liked
      44 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by cunnah10 View Post
      Just a suggestion so maybe we can keep a track of or just get a better idea of where these visa applications are up to!!!

      As our application was "PAPER" lodged then i won't ask about "E" LODGED applications as it may confuse things!

      How about all those who have made "PAPER" lodgements of subclass "475" (SIR)
      make a PIA posting letting others know when they receive advice that their application has been allocated to a case officer!

      For starters has anyone who "PAPER" lodged in Sept 07 yet been notified?
      Has anyone who lodged in OCT 07 been notified (and so and so on)?

      This may give us "all" still waiting an idea of where we are in the queue!


      Wait to hear from you all hopefully!!!
      will try one more time bumping this thread back up again!!!

     

  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums