Tellevisions etc

Guest KandC

Hi Folks,

just need a bit of your knowledge. My old TV is unlikely to travel to Oz so I am thinking of getting a new flat screen. LCD or Plasma for High definition. So the question.

Would it be cheaper to but here or in Adelaide? I do not think there would be any compatability issues, but eh ho you guys are there and might know different.

Any advice would be welcome.

Hi Folks,

just need a bit of your knowledge. My old TV is unlikely to travel to Oz so I am thinking of getting a new flat screen. LCD or Plasma for High definition. So the question.

Would it be cheaper to but here or in Adelaide? I do not think there would be any compatability issues, but eh ho you guys are there and might know different.

Any advice would be welcome.

How expensive are Plasma/LCD's in Britain nowadays?

You can buy a 42 inch Plasma screen out here for upwards of $1200, depending on which make you go for - and there are some good bargains out there. You need to work out the exchange rate and compare how cheap/expensive that is with what you'd be paying in the UK. I've seen other threads on here stating that people have bought their UK Plasma or LCD TVs out here and they work fine, but you should wait for the opinion of the techno junkies/big screen TV fans I think...it's not really my thing.

We brought ours over and it works fine with a digibox. However, I believe you have to pay some kind of import tax on bringing goods in that are less than a year old.

Tracey

as for import tax its true but when you bring any electrical goods over which are new make sure you take them out of boxes if customs see any new boxes they will go for them my old tele form uk cantt pick up tv signals but not sure if a uk set box works here as they are to exspensive here i use it for kids tv in rumpus room

alex