Medical

Guest Taylors08

Guest Taylors08

Hi,

We are due to have our medicals in the next month. Can any Lady let me know if they need to do a smear? Or do they need any information regarding your latest?

Many Thanks

Kelly

Guest vikkiann

I didn't need to have a smear or give any information regarding that department.

The medicals were so straight forward, i was surprised because i was worried about them.

They did height, weight, eye test, blood tests, x-rays, urine test and all the doctor did was ask questions regarding what we filled in on the form. i think thats it!

Vikki

Hi

they dont ask about smears or do smears. There is a questionnaire prior to having the medical that asks for details of visits/admissions to hospital and details or any operations etc

The medicals are quite painless. Test the eyes, check ears, blood pressure, take weight, height and take a blood sample for HIV purposes. Oh examined stomach and checked my boobies. Lasted about 20 minutes.

Dont worry to much

Carole

Guest pennersfamily

Hi Kelly

We had our Meds back in Jan and I remember that thought going through my head aswell. The answer is no you don't have this done so panic over eh! Infact I don't recall the subject even coming up. It's really nothing to worry about. Good luck anyway.

Paula.

Guest Taylors08

Thank you all so much for your quick replies..

Thats put my mind at rest now..

Just wanting it over and done with then its just the wait for the visa.

Kelly x

Guest vikkiann

I've just looked at your timeline.

I don't mean to be cheeky but why are you doing your medicals now?

We applied in January and front loaded our police checks and medicals on the advice of our agent, i wished we hadn't and we don't have our visa yet. We will only have until January 2009 to enter Australia and the house hasn't yet sold so i'm panicking.

If i was you i'd hold fire for a couple of months.

As i said don't mean to be cheeky just dont' want somebody else to be in the position that we are in.

Vikki

Guest Taylors08

Hi, I know what your meaning, i thought about this before hand.

But because my hubby is a Haemophilia and we would rather get it out the way incase they need more info from his consultant. And like you we are waiting to sell the house, but we have decided that if we havent had any luck in selling by xmas then we will put it to rent out. So we can be outta here ASAP!!!

Have you got a Case officer yet??

Kelly x

I've just looked at your timeline.

I don't mean to be cheeky but why are you doing your medicals now?

We applied in January and front loaded our police checks and medicals on the advice of our agent, i wished we hadn't and we don't have our visa yet. We will only have until January 2009 to enter Australia and the house hasn't yet sold so i'm panicking.

If i was you i'd hold fire for a couple of months.

As i said don't mean to be cheeky just dont' want somebody else to be in the position that we are in.

Vikki

Vikki, can't you just have the medicals again? As far as I understand, your visa, when issued, is valid until the medicals and police checks run out. So can you repeat both right now, therefore giving you a year from now to get the visa? I know that you would have to pay for medicals and police checks again, but it has to be better than not going at all. I may be wrong, but it might be worth pursuing with your case officer.

Guest LOOBYLOO
Hi,

We are due to have our medicals in the next month. Can any Lady let me know if they need to do a smear? Or do they need any information regarding your latest?

Many Thanks

Kelly

When had meds asked when I had last swear (within 2 years and accepted). Hope this helps.

Hiya,

When we had our medicals I had to have proof of my last smear which I got from my doctor. I also had to give details of last operation etc.. also if you have recently or in the last year or so had treatment from the hospital or seen a consultant I had to get a letter to say they have discharged me. However every medical centre is different, the lady doing the chest x-rays when we went was buying something on ebay in between seeing patients!

Liz

There are no set guidelines for medics doing the medicals for visas. It depends on what the doctor signing the medical paper constitutes as a "medical". So everyone will have a different answer. You can phone the hospital/centre where you are having the medical and ask for what will be involved. The only thing is chest x-ray for TB but if you have no history of illness then i think it should be fairly straight forward. Some doctors do the minimal required some are really thorough.

Guest vikkiann

My husband is a self employed plumber so we had to show proof from when he first went self employed. Our agent sent them invoices, tax documents and we've not heard since so fingers crossed.

I understand completely about your husband, sorry for being nosey.

We could redo our medicals but with 4 kids it gets a bit pricey!

Vikki

Guest swampo

No smear at the Birmingham medical centre. I took copies of all my smear, mamograms, hospital discharge letters etc 'just in case'. The doctor glanced at them then asked the usual set of standard questions. If in doubt take copies - bib and braces approach. I was really worried about the meds as I have high blood pressure but there was really nothing to worry about, it was almot a non-event.

• 3 months later...
Guest vixpinkbabe
I was really worried about the meds as I have high blood pressure but there was really nothing to worry about, it was almot a non-event.

Were they ok with your high BP? I have this, but only in the Dr's surgery, not at home. Going to see a cardiologist this week to get a report to attach as I'll NEVER get a low reading! Only problem is, I was on BP medication for 5 months last year, will this affect my chances? Not taking it now though, think iwas all a mis-diagnosis to be honest.. xx

Thanks, Vicky xxxxx

• 5 months later...
Guest Ellie
No smear at the Birmingham medical centre. I took copies of all my smear, mamograms, hospital discharge letters etc 'just in case'. The doctor glanced at them then asked the usual set of standard questions. If in doubt take copies - bib and braces approach. I was really worried about the meds as I have high blood pressure but there was really nothing to worry about, it was almot a non-event.

Hope you don't mind me asking but we are going to Handsworth Wood Centre and I have only just noticed they have listed on a checklist latest smear results. I'm in a terrible panic as I have never given this a thought and my smear out of date. I should have had one in 2007 so my latest results are from 2004!!! Naughty of me I know, I should know better. I am calling the Doctors to book a smear tomorrow but I believe it takes up to 6 weeks for the results. Did they ask you for them or did you offer them with your paperwork? I could kick myself now. We go a week on Tuesday. My Hubby has suggested I try and find somewhere to have it done Privately but it between £75 and £110 and then it's trying to get the time off work to go. I am going to ask the question tomorrow as my own practice may do it privately which might speed the process. I'm so worried I've caused a big delay with the medicals now. I have been through the main paperwork with a fine tooth comb and it's all ready and nothing missing and there's not a mention of smear or test results. It was an extra print that came off with the address page that I missed. Sorry for rambling on :chatterbox: