475 visa - why is it not moving?

Guest Emu

:wubclub:

Hello all,

anybody out there have any info about why the dates are not moving?

Can we start a thread reporting on any developments on the 475's?

Can we trust the dates on the email from ASPC? I have seen a few people that got a case officer or visa before it was advertised on the email ... is this just a guideline and some people might have case officers or visas? Does it mean that they might have some old applications still in the system but already issuing visas to others that applied afterwards?

All help appreciated.

Guest sylviaeffendi

Hi emu, im on 475. We'll never know, really. one thing for sure is that they just open a new skill processing center in brisbane to help with the backlog, effective july 1st 2008. hope this helps speeding up the process.

good luck and stay busy.

Guest caoimhe

Hello all,

Can we trust the dates on the email from ASPC? I have seen a few people that got a case officer or visa before it was advertised on the email ... is this just a guideline and some people might have case officers or visas? Does it mean that they might have some old applications still in the system but already issuing visas to others that applied afterwards?

All help appreciated.

I don't believe those e-mails. We had a case officer before it was advertised

Guest sylviaeffendi
I don't believe those e-mails. We had a case officer before it was advertised

oh great to hear. im trying to be patient but it'll be GREAT not to wait too long.

Guest Martin and Val

Hello all,

Can we trust the dates on the email from ASPC? I have seen a few people that got a case officer or visa before it was advertised on the email ...

All help appreciated.

Not strictly just for 475's but don't forget you can add your updates to your Time Line on http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5222 We have now been with the decision maker for 15 weeks so don't believe all the e-mail updates!

Good luck.

Guest cunnah10

Hello all,

All help appreciated.

Hi there!I started a thread last week asking the same and tried to get others to reply in same situ so we could try to get an idea were they are up to with these visa application!!!

I have been hounding my agent and actually just spoken to him again over the phone today!

He is as frustrated as we are!Sent me an article i will try to forward it onto you all so you can read it about the backlog and delay with the visa applications!

He rang them yesterday to enquire what status our application was at and after being put on hold and in a queue for 45 mins with the sheer volume of calls going through he was eventually cut off without being put through to anybody!!!!He said that he would try again today!!!

We sign our house over tomorrow and will have to live in limbo until we get news on the visa!!!

With 4 kids in tow not going to be easy not being able to make any further plans now!!

Guest rockpool crab
Hi there!I started a thread last week asking the same and tried to get others to reply in same situ so we could try to get an idea were they are up to with these visa application!!!

I have been hounding my agent and actually just spoken to him again over the phone today!

He is as frustrated as we are!Sent me an article i will try to forward it onto you all so you can read it about the backlog and delay with the visa applications!

He rang them yesterday to enquire what status our application was at and after being put on hold and in a queue for 45 mins with the sheer volume of calls going through he was eventually cut off without being put through to anybody!!!!He said that he would try again today!!!

We sign our house over tomorrow and will have to live in limbo until we get news on the visa!!!

With 4 kids in tow not going to be easy not being able to make any further plans now!!

Hi there,

we e-lodged on 30th November 2007. We're on the General Skilled 475 too. The old Sir 495 I think. We took a while to lodge as agent told us we neeed a "letter of future employement", but then, after 1st Sept. we no longer needed it....and we moved onto 475. I hope this "letter of future employment" doesn't come back to bite us on the bum...sob.

I phoned up a couple of weeks ago when it was sitting at "25th November" processing and was told it'd likely take a couple of weeks to reach the 30th Nov, but "I'm just guessing" the guy said :arghh:. I phoned on Tuesday and the woman was soooo nice and said if she had the power to grant the visa's she'd do it right there and then....I tried bribery but to no avail :biglaugh: Anyways though..this is just to reach a CO..I see Val and Martin (apologies if I've not got your names right)...have had a CO for a long while now...and with a decision maker for ages. So I guess it's not that straightforward.

We had a shipper in today..never gave me a quote but said I've got too much stuff for a 20 foot and not enough for a 40 foot..jeez..couldn't be simple eh. Guess we'll be ditching a lot of stuff..sniff..hard to make the decision isn't it. I love my garden furniture as I made it myself but I know it doesn't make sense to bring it...sigh...so I'll need to be ruthless...gosh do we really need beds :-)

Hope my timelines helping..although we're all much the same I think.

Chow for now

Carol Ann

Guest Martin and Val
..I see Val and Martin (apologies if I've not got your names right)...have had a CO for a long while now...and with a decision maker for ages. So I guess it's not that straightforward.

Chow for now

Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

It does seem to be a never ending process! Just thought I would add to your post that we don't have a CO, we have been with a decision maker now for 15 weeks and have been told we won't be getting a case officer as we have by-passed that stage already.

Fingers crossed it won't be long, but who knows?

Martin

Guest caoimhe
Hi Carol Ann,

It does seem to be a never ending process! Just thought I would add to your post that we don't have a CO, we have been with a decision maker now for 15 weeks and have been told we won't be getting a case officer as we have by-passed that stage already.

Fingers crossed it won't be long, but who knows?

Martin

15 WEEKS, what the hell is the decision maker making a decision ON

15 Weeks ago our medicals would have only been finialised and we have our visa. Surely this can't be right, what are they playing at

Hello all, thank you for your comments, at least I can see I'm not the only one ... we only lodged in June but our agent told us we should get a cases officer in Sept and the visa in November, the agent kept telling us this. So we made a lot of decisions based on this. But a lot of you guys lodged it ages ago and nothing ... plus those dates don't move ... so I am getting very nervous about it all.

Guest caoimhe

Although I don't think those e-mails are rightt I do think you agent is way off

If you have a look at Martin & Val's thread about 'Time Lines' you might get an idea of how long people have waited. Everyone seems to be different but what your agent said does seem rather short

Good luck

Oh if you have a house to sell I would concentrate on that. That's what holding a lot of us back