which visa?

Guest katsmajic

Guest katsmajic

Hi,

My numpty brother had a 136visa last year but didnt validate, eek.gif fell in love etc/working too hard...hes a fool cos he was over in Perth 3 months before his visa was granted..he should have held off and did it as a validation trip.

He still intends moving over here, but now hes turned 30 he loses 5 points so cant get the 175visa.

Hes a computer support engineer, worth 40 points, hes got 10yrs experience and numerous qualifications & mcse, but no degree.

What are his easiest/quickest options? apparently an agent has said to go with the 475visa with us sponsoring him - we cant sponsor him yet as weve only been here for 4 mths ourselves.

Would he be eligible for a regional sponsorship? The website is down so cant access any information at the mo.

Its in my best interests to get him here as i want our mum to be able to move over on CPV asap, (he & my mum dont talk/get on).

Many thanks in advance..

Kat

Guest Lavinia

Hi Kat

A couple of months ago i contacted an agent as i didnt score enough points for the skilled migration as i am 31yrs and for a Office Manager it scored 40points. My option was to apply for a state sponsorship which allows me to stay and work in either south Australia or Tasmania then after 2 years i can move to another city. To get the state sponsorship you need 100 points, i made up the extra 5 points by passing a skills assesment.

Im not sure on the types of visas, ive left it all to the agent (its all alittle confusing).

I hope this helps as an option for your brother.

Lavinia

Guest katsmajic

Well found out my brother can go for the state sponsor or/and our sponsorship, theres no AOS for his visa, we can sponsor him already as just PR can count for this type of visa, not the 'settled' rule, so its just a confirmation that we would help him out etc if he needed help, also it has no roll on effects when my mum is finally able to apply for her CPV.

Now just need to find a way of getting that 475 visa route shortened...

Guest katsmajic

His English is pretty good, i told him to do the english test but that only takes him to 115points, he wanted 120 for the 175 visa. He'd like to come over next week, but is going to have to wait another 18mths or so now. He scores 105 with us being here, so looks like hes stuck with the 475.